Everett Porter | Hill Farmstead Brewery

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States
hillfarmstead.com

Style: American Porter

Everett (1908-1939) was our grandfather’s brother; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his 13 siblings. In his honor, this Porter is crafted from American malted barley, English and German roasted malts, American hops, our ale yeast, and water from our well. It is unfiltered and naturally carbonated. Decadent in its depth, with a complex backbone of chocolate, coffee, and malty sweetness, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Everett.

Pale, Caramel, and Chocolate Malt, Roasted Barley, Columbus hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

Added by Brad007 on 08-15-2010

#113

Ratings: 2,700 |  Reviews: 401

4.5/5  rDev 0%

On draft at the Three Penny Taproom in Montpelier, VT (great bar!). They served Everett to me in a tulip. Deep, dark brown body: nearly black. Two fingers of red-tinged, dark brown head.

I'm not the biggest fan of porters. I enjoy them, but they never wow me. This one WOWed me. Everett is pitch-perfect. Great nose, great taste. The mouthfeel is so rich and creamy. I drank it while eating the meat flatbread I ordered, and the two paired so very well together.

Can't wait to head up to Hill Farmstead and get myself a growler of Everett!

4.28/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

500ml bottle served in a snifter. Bottled 10/2013.

Appearance: Pours a dark brown with 2 fingers of a darker tan head with good retention. Once in the glass the body is opaque and nearly black.

Smell: Roasted malt, chocolate, coffee, and faint notes of caramel sweetness, smoke and earth.

Taste: Same as the aroma. Malt sweetness hits right upfront followed by dark chocolate, roasted malt, earthy hops and a mild bitterness that comes through in the finish and aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Fully bodied, with a thick creamy mouthfeel and medium fine carbonation. Much fuller feel than I would expect from a 7.5% beer.

Overall: My first Hill Farmstead beer and I'm not disappointed. This is definitely an excellent porter, though it's not so much better than some of it's easier to obtain counterparts that it warrants going to great lengths to obtain.

Everett Porter from Hill Farmstead Brewery