Everett Porter | Hill Farmstead Brewery

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States
hillfarmstead.com

Style: American Porter

Everett (1908-1939) was our grandfather’s brother; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his 13 siblings. In his honor, this Porter is crafted from American malted barley, English and German roasted malts, American hops, our ale yeast, and water from our well. It is unfiltered and naturally carbonated. Decadent in its depth, with a complex backbone of chocolate, coffee, and malty sweetness, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Everett.

Pale, Caramel, and Chocolate Malt, Roasted Barley, Columbus hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

Added by Brad007 on 08-15-2010

#110

Ratings: 2,680 |  Reviews: 398

I like Hill Farmstead's offerings, and it is certainly worth a stop at the brewery when I am in the Northeast Kingdom but... I had always considered them just one of the many excellent breweries here in Vermont. This weekend I had Everett, fresh, and my entire opinion of their enterprise changed. This is, quite simply, the best tasting thing that I have ever had... it is perfect in every dimension. The taste starts with chocolate and coffee and a glorious warmth sustains like the tone of a vintage Les Paul through an old tube amp.

I have never been this happy drinking a beer. Beyond perfection.

Everett Porter from Hill Farmstead Brewery