Tripel

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.74/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Pours hazy pale orange with a surprisingly low white head. Lots of spider-web-like lacings after the setting.

S: A rather heavy malty backbone, kind of reminds me of a nice Biere de Garde. But also spices and semi-sour beglian yeast-tones. The fruityness is there, but rather held back; citric and red apples.

T: The balance is much better in the taste, in comparison with the smell. The malt, the belgian yeast marriages the fruityness. Sweet, but still dry - a plus when it comes to Tripels. Perhaps the alcohol is a bit too obvious, but since everything is so well balanced I let it slide...

M: The aftertaste is loooong and very smooth, there is both bitterness (strange, since I didn't taste that at first) and sweetness - but very dry. Body is full, almost a bit syrupy and carbonation is surprisingly rich, but very smooth cause the bubbles are so very small.

O: This is a beer that actually is very nice. I'm quite surprised, as I read my rewiev; the Overall rating is the highest... Well, I think this is a beer that when you look beside the "fractions" of it, is very nice and drinkable (in Swedish, I would do a joke - calling this hinkable (when you "hinkar" beer, you drink a lot of it - that's what the macro-beer-lovers do) - it goes down so fantasticly easy).

Tripel from Eskilstuna Ölkultur