Head Stash | M. T. Head Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

M. T. Head Brewing Co.
Washington, United States
mtheadbrewingco.com

Style: American Black Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by barleywinefiend on 10-03-2010

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.1/5  rDev 0%

On draught at The Swiss, Head stash is cola brown with a light tan head leaving scattered lace.

Smell is resinous, some citrus oils / rind zest, moderately hoppy, definitely more so then your average west coast porter (which is seems the occasional CDA has been rebranded as). A little chared malt indicates the color, with some ganache coming out as it warmed.

Taste is pretty good, definately a nice hop bite, again, the dank citrus varitey, with the dark malts providing contrasting flavors typical of the 'classic' versions of this style. It didn't taste super hoppy to me at first, but burps really tasted hoppy. Nice balance, clean, smooth, hoppy and dark, exactly what a CDA should be. Nice aftertaste of bakers chocolate.

Mouthfeel is a bit on the thicker side, with a dry edge.

Drinkability is pretty good, a fine example of the style. I was a little underwhelmed on the first sip (something about the dark malts makes CDAs rarely taste as hoppy as I want), it quickly grew on me, to the point where the pint disappeared and I had to have some more! My first M.T Head beer (I'd never even heard of them), it was good enough that I will seek these guys out again for sure.

3.18/5  rDev 0%

A: Poured a dark black with good carbonation and some tannish bubbles

S: Roasted, some citrus notes and grains

T: Ok. SOme roasted notes, cocoa, citrus and floral notes, light booze

M: Sordove thin, plain but not bad

D: It was average and probably the better MT Head beer thus far.

Head Stash from M. T. Head Brewing Co.