I Want My HTV | Odd Side Ales

Added by garaldo_at_large on 09-23-2015

Reviews by Juicer:
3.65/5  rDev -10.5%

4.49/5  rDev +10%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow, absolutely amazing smell and taste, like a mix of hopslam and enjoyby. It's that good. Oddsides is hit or miss with there beers. This and morning wood are my favorite beers by these guys. Well done. Can't wait to see what over beer loves think of this. Wow.

3.99/5  rDev -2.2%

3.9/5  rDev -4.4%

4.12/5  rDev +1%

Copper colored with minimal light. There's a fingernail of beige on top. I smell aggressive citrus hops and light malt in the back of the palate. The taste is citrus hops forward with light malt at the back of the palate. The mouth is smooth, crisp, and lightly sticky.

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

3.98/5  rDev -2.5%

3.84/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.99/5  rDev -2.2%

4.31/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.38/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

4.22/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

12oz bottle poured into pint glass

A- pours a clear deep amber color with a two-finger creamy white head that has great retention, eventually leaving some lacing behind

S- pure citra on the nose with aromas of citrus peel, mango, melon, resin, grapefruit pith and a hint of pine. Sweet caramel malt closes out the nose

T- sweet caramel malt up front quickly turns to citrusy hops with flavors of grapefruit pith & orange peel, followed by melon, pine and grass. More caramel malt sweetness on the finish with a linger of strong citra

M- medium-heavy body with moderate carbonation leads to a foamy mouthfeel and a bit of a stick finish

O- nice juicy citrus that is balanced by a caramel malt sweetness

3.76/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.94/5  rDev -3.4%

4.46/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This is 2nd 6 pack I've gotten and really think this is a solid Imp IPA, very easy to drink and hits all the right notes for me.

3.97/5  rDev -2.7%

3.78/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.98/5  rDev -2.5%

12 FL OZ. bottle
Served in a tulip glass

This beer pours a deep shade of amber, almost copper, in color with burnt orange highlights. It is topped with 3-4 inches of tan head that leaves some nice lacing rings.

I get some citrus and spice, similar to rye, along with some bready malt.

It starts out a little sweet. The I taste some citrus. After that I taste some pine. The finish is quite bitter.

Medium to thin mouthfeel

This is a pretty good beer. It started out a little bitter on my palate, but I got used to it.

3.79/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Purchased recently at a Michigan store with a bottle date of 09/17/15. Poured into a twelve ounce tulip glass.

Look- Dark amber color with ample white foam.

Smell- Caramel malt forward with a hint of something cheese-like in the back.

Taste- Caramel malt up front with some pine. There is a floral quality in the finish.

Feel- Oily with a slight hop bite.

Overall- For something labeled an Imperial Citra Pale, I'm quite disappointed. This is a malt-centric beer with very little of the dank citrus qualities I get from the hop. This one is a miss for me.

Poured into a Thirsty Monk snifter. Label says MFG 08/01/16.

A- Pours a dark amber color with a 1/2 inch beige head that retains well before becoming a thick ring around the edge of the glass and a mostly full sheet of sheer surface foam. Semi-resilient lacing leaves small clots behind.

S- Earthy hop aroma with a substantial malt backing that's slightly sweet. Also an afterthought of citrus. Hint of cookie dough.

T- Equal parts citrusy hop flavor, malt sweetness and assertive bitterness. Has a flavor profile I like to describe as aggressively balanced since the ABV is so well-hidden but the taste is still so intense.

M- Sharp from the hops with medium carbonation and a body leaning toward the fuller side.

O- Quite good. It's obviously starting to drop off a bit since it's approaching the two-month mark but still has a good amount of life in it.

4.4/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.95/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Had on tap at the Odd Sides place in Grand Haven. Looks nice with a little haze in this orange beer. Head was decent and receded to a thin, lace leaving foamy layer.

Smells more malt forward at first until a little citrus cuts through.

Taste follows nose but drop in a little dankness as well.

Dangerously drinkable, as the alcohol is nowhere to be found in this medium thin bodied beer.

Overall, good beer. I'd have it again.

4.23/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I picked up a bottle of Oddside's I Want MY HTV a few days ago for $2.19 at The lager Mill. I didn't know anything about this beer till I saw it on the shelf, I'm a big fan of Citra Pale Ale so of course I had to try it, so lets see how it goes. 2015 Vintage, only 9 days old. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a teku.

A- The label looks nice, it goes with the name and it's a little eye catching. It poured a nice orange/amber color that took on more of orange color when held to the light with a little less than a fingers worth of bubbly off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty lacing behind. This is a very nice looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness with the citra hops being the first to show up and they impart a huge citrus and tropical fruit aroma with some great pineapple and citrus rind like aromas seeming to stick out the most and it has a very juicy aspect to it. Up next comes the malts which impart a little bit of grainy, sweet malt and bready aroma with just a slight alcohol aroma showing up in the background. This beer has a very nice aroma, the Citra hops are showcased nicely.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness with the citra hops still being the first to show up and they are the aspect that stick out the most in this beer while imparting the same aspects that it did in the aroma, but this time no single fruit seems to stick out the most. Up next comes the malts with the sweet malts sticking out the most with some bready and grainy flavors showing up in the background along with a little bit of doughy yeast. On the finish there's a medium amount of bitterness with a light alcohol with a citra hop heavy aftertaste. This is a very nice tasting beer, it's just what I would expect an Imperial version of Citra Pale Ale to taste like.

M- Fairly smooth, not too crisp, medium bodied with a lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel is god and it works well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a very nice beer and a very nice example the style, it was just what I thought an Imperial version of CItra Pale Ale would taste like and I really liked how well the citra hops were showcased. This beer had nice drinkability, I could drink a couple of these, but after that it might start to be too much. What I like the most about this beer was how well the citra hops were showcased and how true to style it was. What I liked the least about this beer was the mouthfeel, I wish it was a little more crisp. I would for sure buy this beer again and I would recommend this to anyone who likes DIPA's. All in all I was very happy with this beer, I know Oddsides has some skills when it came to this sty le and the really comes through in the taste and aroma. It's one of my favorite beer from this brewery an d it's a great example of the style. Great job guys, this beer is awesome, keep it up.

I Want My HTV from Odd Side Ales