Bean Flicker | Odd Side Ales

Bean FlickerBean Flicker

Odd Side Ales
oddsideales.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

A light coffee note with gentle grains.

Added by TheBrewo on 08-02-2013

4.83/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Very interesting and a delightful surprisingly good beer! I wasn't sure what to expect, but decided to try it because it wasn't like anything I had tried before. I could taste some vanilla, and the coffee flavor is detectable, but not at all overpowering.

4.82/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This is completely delicious and my new favorite from Odd Side. Amazing balance of malt, fruitiness, and coffee.

4.78/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Appearance- clear effervescent gold, with a soapy looking head that quickly dissipates with little to no lacing. It honestly has the look of an adjunct lager nothing remotely impressive in the appearance.

Smell- I am picking up the fragrance if a fresh brewed hazelnut coffee, nodes of vanilla, cream and sugary bready sweetness, and a light grassiness of morning dew.

Taste/mouthfeel- WOW! Just Wow! This is the most flavorful light beer that I have ever had. Starts out with a creamy hazelnut and vanilla flavor that then shifts to a flavor of fresh brewed coffee. Has a light bready malt quality in the finish. The body of this one is light without ever becoming watery. The mouthfeel and after taste are phenomenal leaving a flavor of having just finished a fresh cup of hazlenut or french press coffee.

Overall- I have had this beer several times now. Twice on tap and have purchase three six packs of it. This is my favorite sessionable beer at only 4.5% ABV I could drink this beer all day. If it proves to be available year round I have a new go to beer. I hate blonde ales because they usually lack flavor and complexity but this one has me wanting to revisit the style. Love Odd Side's brews highly recommend this beer!

4.75/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

One of the best light body beers I've ever had. So aromatic, coffee forward and crisp

4.75/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.68/5  rDev +22.8%

4.68/5  rDev +22.8%

The Look of the beer was light. Never had a blonde ale with coffee and when I got it, I would've thought it was miller/bud light but besides the look was representative of a blonde.

The smell was good. It was very aromatic which was fine for me. I don't need to be able to smell the beer before I taste it. Taste matter much more to me.

The taste was awesome. It was smooth, the coffee flavor was definitely there and to fight off any coffee bitterness there was a sweetness at the end that still contained the coffee flavor.

The feel I saw was excellent. It was light and not heavy as I would expect to be with a lighter looking beer. I would've had several more if I didn't have so many different beers to try that night.

4.67/5  rDev +22.6%

Poured from bottle to pint glass. Pale, pale yellow with a little head. No lacing. Smells of coffee and cream, slight bitterness, roasted sweet caramel. Taste follows, sweet coffee with a tiny bite on the end. Mouthfeel is thin, could be a perception thing since I was expecting something thicker to go along with the coffee flavor. Little to no aftertaste.

4.53/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Bean Flicker from Odd Side Ales