The Sunshine Fix | Social Kitchen & Brewery

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by elNopalero on 05-15-2014

Reviews by elNopalero:
3.89/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

After the IPA I had to go big. This is their DIPA. Intense doesn’t do it justice.

It pours a caramel gold in the snifter. The aroma is everything I’d expect from a DIPA this strong—a searingly intense wallop of pine and citrus that just screams to be sipped. So I did.

The bitterness is ramped up on this one. It’s not for the faint of heart or those who don’t enjoy intense hopping. I do, so we got along just fine. There’s enough malt to balance it out and give it some heft, and a long drying finish as a reward for a job well done.

3.5/5  rDev -1.1%

3.09/5  rDev -12.7%

This one looks better than it tastes or smells. Overly malty and it over whelmes the hops not terrible but definitely not in my top 20. Very flat nose again all I get is the maltiness I was hoping to find a new favorite double IPA

3.76/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Social Kitchen & Brewery - San Francisco, CA - draft