Liberation Wee Heavy | Straight To Ale

4.25/5  rDev +20.4%

3.75/5  rDev +6.2%

1.5/5  rDev -57.5%

4.22/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

The limited edition Liberation Series is a collaboration of 3 breweries, Yellowhammer, Straight to Ale, and Blue Pants. This Scotch style ale is Number 2 of the series.

A - Cloudy, brown with a sand colored head that dissapates and leave a very fine lacing after about a minute

S - The smell is of very sweet malts and some dried fruits, raisons and figs.

T - First taste is the sweet malts and the fruits. There is very little hoppiness. It tasts similar to flat pepsi. I detect almost no alcohol taste which is incredible because it's a 10 percenter.

M- It is relatively flat. The carbonation in there is very small, champagne like bubbles.

O- I actually really enjoyed this beer. I drink so many IPAs and coffee stouts and other strong beers that really shock your mouth with the first sip so it was a nice change to have something sweet and easy drinking. This was a perfect winter beer for me. I wouldn't drink it all the time but I would recommend anyone who likes scotch ales and comes across it, pick one up and save it for when your in the mood for something different. It'd be a great dessert after a big juicy steak. I plan on picking up a couple more.

Liberation Wee Heavy from Straight To Ale