1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

Chinookie IPA | Full Pint Brewing Company

None provided.

3.79/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.88/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Had it a bunch and thought it was blah but then I had it in a can and thought it was the best it has ever tasted

3.63/5  rDev -3.7%

4.78/5  rDev +26.8%

Welcome to my continuing delving into Hoppy New Full Pint Sunday (Week 704)! This serves to dual purpose of creating this week's theme as well as continuing the eradication of The Bottle Backlog at Chez Woody. The latter is actually a finite proposition as I am buying fewer & fewer bottles anyway.

From the Bottle: "Beer Nerd Stats: OG: 15.1// 7.1% ABV // 103 IBU Malts: Pale, Melanoidin, Caramalt, Crystal 45 Hops: Chinook, Centennial, Citra, Cascade, Columbus".

8=O For a while, this combination was known as "The 5 Cs" among hopheads & that may still be the case, but between Tropical AIPAs & hazebro AIPAs, it is not as widely used as it once was. I was reverential in my Pop!ping of the cap & even more so in my slow, gentle pour. I was more aggro with my in-glass swirl that raised two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, tawny head with excellent retention. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy solid Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) & it may be attributable to my reefer temperature coupled with the ambient humidity. I already go loads of lacing so maybe it will also clarify over time. Nose smelled like yesterday's Hydra Death Breath V2 - pine air freshener! In bulk. It was like that time we were slow in disposing of a body so we threw a whole buncha air freshener trees inna trunk with it until we could make our run to the river. Ah, but yinz don't care about my other hobbies. Warming, it did begin to clarify, plus I got grapefruit, orange/tangerine & caramel beginning to peek through the dense pine forest. Did somebody just ring a bell?!? My hophead mouth is watering uncontrollably! Mouthfeel was dense, thick & chewy, like a dollop had been scooped onto my tongue! Jeez-O, man, this was about as close to being a DIPA without going over as we have seen on The Hops Are Right!, a Woody Chandler/Saul Goodman Production. Congratulations for bringing us an AIPA that is brewed to style and not to some hip trend that should have its/their own style. Yeah, I'm looking at yinz, Tropical AIPA & NE AIPA. Get ahtta tahn! Yoi & double yoi! Call Arnold Slick from Turtle Crick & tell 'im we're gonna need some more of this one! Look aht, cannonball comin'! Get onna bus, Gramma, the Bingo game's ready to roll! Now, where was I? Oh, yes, taste. It tasted like I had been licking the sap offa a pine tree while some jagovs lobbed grapefruits & oranges at me! Hey, it might not be for everybody, but this was a nice dose for this hop junkie. Man, too many of these & I might revert back to being a Hop Fiend! Finish was cool, dry & minty. I know that @The-Adjunct-Hippie was not a fan of Death Breath V2 so he would really be put off by this. As for me, well, I'm far from done for the day ...

3.69/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.13/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.77/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.56/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.66/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

4.16/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.79/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A nice clear Amber color, but not a lot of aroma to this one. Medium bodied, it has a milder hop profile so it's not very strong if you like hoppier IPAs. There's a little extra bitterness at the end.

3.97/5  rDev +5.3%

3.04/5  rDev -19.4%

3.94/5  rDev +4.5%

3.93/5  rDev +4.2%

3.58/5  rDev -5%

4.05/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.07/5  rDev +8%

Appearance: This IPA pours cloudy golden with a fluffy white head.
Aromatics: This beer has a citrus forward aroma with a biscuit backbone
Taste: Citrus and pine primarily with a vegetal after taste. The malts play in the back ground.
Mouth feel: medium
Over all impression: well crafted ipa I am glad I bought a case.

CHEERS!!

4.06/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.81/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Chinookie IPA from Full Pint Brewing Company