Imperial Vanilla Bourbon Porter | Ferguson Brewing Company

Style: American Porter

Added by GossageBrewery on 03-11-2012

Reviews by GossageBrewery:
3.62/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served this Vanilla Bourbon Porter on tap, in a Snifter, at the brewery. Poured a dark brown color, produced a creamy tan head. Above average amount of lacing left on the glass. The aroma consists of vanilla bean, caramel, cocoa, and roasted malt. I didn't detect any bourbon. Medium in body, this porter was dominated by vanilla but also hints of cocoa, caramel and roasted malt. The alcohol kicks in at the end of the swallow - perhaps that is the bourbon? Overall, I think it is an excellent session beer- I would say that it is a little strong on vanilla and not enough bourbon flavor imparted on the brew. With that being said, I will order this one again- I think this is my favorite offering from Ferguson. Prost!

3.75/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -2.2%