Pound For Pound (#4#)
Barrier Brewing Company

Pound For Pound (#4#)Pound For Pound (#4#)
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker

Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Pound For Pound (#4#)Pound For Pound (#4#)
Notes: Collaboration with Aslin Beer Company
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 14 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

3.91/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

No NBS, no WBAYDN, just a CANQuest (tm) review. The air is out of the balloon, the steam out of the engine, the oil from the bearings. This is as ordained & how it was wanted & so be it.

From the CAN: "Brewed With Our Friends [@] Aslin Beer Co."

Having Crack!ed open the tab/top, I beCAN a slow, gentle C-Line Glug in the hopes of some (CANy?) clarity. Once this proved fruitless (Froot Loops?), I amped up. This netted me two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, tawny head with very good retention, like meringue atop lemon pie filling. Color was a murky (deeply-hazy/lightly-cloudy) Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7). Nose smelled of freshly-baked pineapple upside-down pound cake! Laden with pineapple plus a sweet, cake-like breadiness. Mmm. I'm baking cookies tomorrow, BTW. I used to love to bake & I really aced HomeEc in high school in doing so. Beef Wellington? Tiered cakes? Meringue pies? Souffle? AOTA! Mouthfeel was medium, but slick, almost oily. The taste was liquefied pineapple upside-down cake & while it was nice, I was not a huge fan. 8=( Finish was semi-dry, but left me wanting more of something else. YMMV.

Mar 15, 2020