Hopbligatory | Roth Brewing Company

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by tdm168:
3/5  rDev n/a

On tap at the brewery.

First, let me mention that before I even had the chance to try this one, I was speaking with the guys at Roth and they admitted not even liking IPAs. However, they felt it was a style that a successful brewery should be able to make so they gave it a try. So now I'm hesitant...

On to the review. Pours a dirty brown with a decent amount of head. Smells of mild hops and little else. Taste is much the same; very light with mild hops coming through, but with no malt backbone to offer balance. Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied with nice carbonation.

I'm disappointed. I like the guys at Roth and I like most of their offerings, but for guys who dislike IPAs, their heart wasn't in this one.

Hopbligatory from Roth Brewing Company