Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Ghost Face Killah | Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Colorado, United States
twistedpinebrewery.com

Style: Chile Beer

Availability: Spring

Made with 6 chiles including Anaheim, Fresno, jalapeño, serrano, habenero, and ghost chile.

Added by Todd on 01-11-2011

2.09/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.32/5  rDev -55.7%

woooooo! This is a hot one, It will leave a burn in your throat. They weren't kidding about it being the ''hottest beer this side of hell''. It pretty much just tastes like pepper juice with little to no beer flavor. I tried it with 2 other people and we didn't make it past 1/4 of the beer. You're a champ if you finish one and a lunatic if you drink more than that at once.

2.08/5  rDev -30.2%

Hazy golden color. Head, what head?
Smell is medicated bandage and nothing else.
Taste is similar but restrained. Peppers are noticeable, light malt, nothing else.
Medium-ish body, lighter end for carbonation. Warms the tongue. Not for the faint of heart nor for those who don't like spicy. Overall, not really worth drinking.

1.44/5  rDev -51.7%

Golden color pours well, Slight peppery smell, weak mouth feel. Taste, well it reminds me of accidentally grabbing the spit can of Copenhagen without the mouth feel. I like chili Beers this beer is just nasty. All heat no acceptable flavor.

3.04/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

1.61/5  rDev -46%

4.23/5  rDev +41.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This beer does exactly what is says it does! Initial malt profile, with pepper hitting2 seconds later and filling a mild burn from the throat to the nasal cavity! Well done! It could be a bit clearer, possibly a cold break, and for the amount of oils from the peppers the head retention wasn't bad. For anyone liking spicy foods this is a serious try!

2.78/5  rDev -6.7%

I Saw a chili beer made with the ghost pepper and, as lover of peppers, I had to try it. The golden color was about what I expected, and I grew excited upon smelling the what was predominately pepper, with just a hint of malt. I expected a flavorful beer with a good kick that. I was right about the kick which is hotter than the average person would normal accept, but I was disappointed with the flavor. There was little to no flavor that stuck out as beer. While it did taste strongly of peppers, there was no definition to it. I had to really focus on picking out the individual peppers and in the end barley noticed the hints of sweetness that you get from the habanero peppers in it. Mostly though it was like dried cayenne. I decide to grab a different beer and use the rest as a base for a marinade for my chicken fajitas. I don't think I'll ever buy it to drink, but I will buy it to try in some other recipes.

1.22/5  rDev -59.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Pours hazy gold, with one inch head that goes quickly. Smell is green vegetables. Taste is heat and liquid peppers. This is the hottest beer I have ever had. My mouth is burning. Reminds me of Cave Creek chili beer. I like a well balanced chili beer but this does not have much beer taste at all. If you like drinking straight hot sauce, this is your beer. Not for me at all.

3.49/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 4.25

2.54/5  rDev -14.8%

1.06/5  rDev -64.4%

Tried this with some friends. I normally like spicy things but this was far too much.

L: Lighter than I expected, almost yellow.
S: It even smells hot - there's nothing else there except the spiciness/heat.
T: There's no beer taste whatsoever - it's completely overpowered by the chiles. I'm pretty sure I could have breathed fire after just a mouthful of this.
F: It's too hot to comfortably sip at all.
O: No. My friends were cooking chili and ended up putting it in there, where it will probably be better served versus ever drinking it again.

3.67/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

12 oz bottle, purchased as a single, for about $3.95 (can you say hype?)

Pours clouded dull lighter amber, with lots of sediment kinda stuff floating around. Minimal head, film, collar and no lacing.

Strong pepper on the sniff.

This shite is HOT...as a chili pepper head and enjoyer, this one is the real deal.. ...if you do not enjoy the aroma flavor and yes burn of copious amounts of capsaisin / chili pepper flavor and heat, stay away...but if you do..this one just may be for you....I found it tasty and enjoyable...I dont really feel like another one...one will do just fine....probably would be a nice and tasty addition to a pot of fiery chili...enjoy with caution!

2.19/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

3.81/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12oz. Bottle

Pours a nice slightly cloudy golden amber color, very nice carbonation, with a nice one-finger creamy off-white head, which leaves some sticky lacing. The nose is hoppy, with some nice malt notes, some pepper/spice notes. The taste is pretty good, hoppy, slight malt note, very spicy/hot for a beer. Medium body, with a slightly dry/bitter/hot finish. Overall, a very tasty/nice brew, surprised the shit out of me how hot/spicy this brew is, might be a little bit hotter than the Stone Crime, but a lot less ABV.

2.45/5  rDev -17.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

This beer is almost an endurance challenge.just reeks of chiles which is what it says i suppose.this was too much for me,so spicy and gave me heartburn for an hour after 1 sip.a novelty beer.

3.17/5  rDev +6.4%

3.42/5  rDev +14.8%

3.06/5  rDev +2.7%

Reviewed from notes. Shared by Jeremy. An experience I never want to have again. Heat followed by more heat. Destroyed taste buds. A golden chili bomb.

3.25/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.04/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

2.92/5  rDev -2%

3.94/5  rDev +32.2%

Yeah, the ratings are all over the place on this one. Is it a chile "beer"? The label says "malt beverage." Big, thin, foamy head that immediately dissipates, leaving no lacing. Aroma is peppers, not much else. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. But the taste is just as you'd expect: no perceptible beer flavors to speak of, just a long and lingering heat. Stay with it long enough and you begin to pick up some of the fruity hints of the habañero and ghost chilies. Not entirely unpleasant. It is what it claims to be, and that's OK by me.

4.17/5  rDev +39.9%

It's what they say it is. If you like ghost pepper then you would appreciate it.

3.5/5  rDev +17.4%