Twisted Pine Barley Wine | Twisted Pine Brewing Company

Twisted Pine Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
twistedpinebrewery.com

Style: American Barleywine

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Sammy on 02-14-2011

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%

Seasonal just put on tap at the brewery's tasting room. Higher alcohol but not boozy, this good barleywine had a neutral aroma but looks good with great lacing. Hoppy and a bit astringent. Young but still good drinkability and above average mouthfeel.

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

3.58/5  rDev -6.5%

Had a glass of this for free for funding their food drive. I'm not sure how fresh it was, but I'd guess a bit too fresh for my taste on a barleywine.
A bit of hops, brown sugar, sour fruits. Neither here nor there on sweetness or bitter. Almost a stand off between an american and english. Interesting, and I'd like to try it with some age sometime but alas they don't bottle this one yet and I'm not sure a growler would do for a couple years.

Twisted Pine Barley Wine from Twisted Pine Brewing Company