Batch 100 Ale | Black Husky Brewing

Black Husky Brewing
Wisconsin, United States
blackhuskybrewing.com

Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by thebigredone on 09-24-2012

Reviews by thebigredone:
4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

Thanks to lem4prez for hooking me up with this.

No real description of what this is on the bottle, but judging by the smell, I'm going with Belgian Strong Ale.

Appearance - Dark brown, turnign a deep redish-brown when held to the light.

Smell - Dark fruits and a bit of roast.

Taste - Wow, not what I was expecting. Tastes like a cross between an old-ale and a belgian strong. Nice dark fruits with a healthy dose of dark roast. A little smokey, but with nice restraint.

Mouthfeel - Has a dry finish, but a thick mouthfeel. Very nice.

Overall - I am glad I was able to try this beer. I honestly didn't have any expectations for this, but this makes me want to try the options from Black Husky. Well done.

3.75/5  rDev -10.3%