Kapel Van Viven Bruin | Brouwerij Van Viven

viven.be

Style: Flanders Oud Bruin

Added by BlackHaddock on 10-17-2010

3.97/5  rDev 0%

Fresh bottle from the brewery

This is a good brown beer imho! Especially liked the creamy side of it, caramel, licorice, dark fruit, candy sugar. Good taste for a low ABV brown.
Easy to drink, and again as their blond, very refreshing. Will buy this again, like it more then the leffe bruin.

2.62/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Brown 33cl bottle, best before 30-Sept-2010, drank during one of my radom beer reviewing evenings in early Oct 2010, some one week after its due date.

Poured into my Westmalle chalice the beer appeared sludge like, the colour was coke-a-cola brown and it had the same over carbonated feel to it also. So we had a thick substance which I couldn't see through, it didn't get much better to be honest. I poured it slowly and very little if any sediment left the bottle, even so it was still a mess.

The smell and taste was of sweet molasses, no hop content or interesting flavours to report, just a sweet (ish) malty beverage.

Not sure where in Belgium I bought it, I'll not be buying another though.

Kapel Van Viven Bruin from Brouwerij Van Viven