Belgian Red | Pub Dog Brewing

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

1.25/5  rDev -10.1%

1.36/5  rDev -2.2%

So I couldn't track down any additional info about this beer, not even a website for the brewery...
In any case, this was sent courtesy of 2dogbrew in another fantastic box-- thanks Russ!

Happy to add a new beer to the database and snag a new tick.

Served in a tulip.

Well, I was suspecting this was going to be an American red ale with Belgian yeast-- like they were going to dupe the consumer into expecting a sour.
I was wrong, though after meeting the beer in person, I rather wish I had been duped.

It's a pale murky orangey split with some light rosy pinkish hues swimming about. Big 2 finger frothy head that settled pretty quickly and left very few small chunks of lace behind.

Very light feel, and very overcarbonated. Way too thin and bubbly.

The smell has some cherry notes and something that almost reminds me of oak, but comes off like dank rotting orange peels.
The sourness is forced, if that makes sense. The beer tastes like it was rushed-- it isn't balanced. It seems to have been dosed with lacto in order to rush the souring process, with the result that aftertaste reminds me a bit of bile.
The actual flavor of the beer has improved as it warms, but the aftertaste continues to worsen.

Overall-- brutal. Undrinkable. Unpleasant. This beer has virtually no redeeming quality. AVOID THIS ONE!

1.75/5  rDev +25.9%