Bone-A-Fide Pale Ale | Boneyard Beer Company

Bone-A-Fide Pale AleBone-A-Fide Pale Ale

Boneyard Beer Company
Oregon, United States
boneyardbeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

38 IBUs

Added by beertunes on 07-03-2010

4.82/5  rDev +16.4%

A: Pours a cloudy deep golden color with a nice fluffy white cap, almost a little dirty white cap, some good head retention, lacing clings to the glass in waves down the glass as I continue to drink

S: Big floral nose, with healthy doses of citrus and passion fruits with a nice dose of bread

T: Big citrus, tropical and passion fruit chiming in; mainly in the ways of pineapple, mangos and grapefruits. So good. This beer has so much going on, taste buds go bananas.

M: Balanced West Coast APA, lots of dank and malt balance.

O: Probably the best West Coast APA ever, tied with Zombie Dust.

4.8/5  rDev +15.9%

I am going to be honest here. I went and tasted this blind against several other APA's. Hands down this was the best! This was a great APA. Some people were under impressed but I was amazed at how juicy and fun this was. It was actually one of my favorite beers in all of bend. I took a growler of it away with many others and drank it to myself.
I have only had a couple of pales that I liked as much as this and low and behold they were at Altamont and at Cellarmaker. Both somewhat inspired by Boneyard.

4.75/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.66/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.64/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.62/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This one is tough to review.

No, not because I'm confused in any way as to how great this beer is. No ... great would be an understatement. But this would be a great IPA, nevermind a pale!

It pours a shade of sun touched honey that makes me want to taste it the instant I see it. Head is minimal. Nice lacing left behind. This color always tells me the finish won't be too sweet for a pale or IPA and I'm not wrong.

One whiff and my nose is nearly assaulted by the scent of orange rind, mango, tangerine, and peach. Lovely. There's some biscuit there too but it seems to be fighting for recognition amongst all the tropical fruit.

One sip releases the floodgates of orange, grapefruit, pine needles, caramel, and again, biscuit. Bravo!

A lot has changed over the years. There was a time when the east coast by and large didn't have the taste for hops we out west do. They've caught on a bit but I feel like this would be a bit extreme for an east coaster looking for a pale. For me, it is nearly exactly what I want. This beer should set the standard for a Northwest Pale Ale.

4.6/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +8.7%

This one gets a consistent 4.5 across the board. Looks just like a pale ale should, but drinks like an IPA. Pale yellow with a thin ring of white fluffy head. Smells of pine, lemon, ripe peaches, and punchy grapefruit. Taste follows smell, with enough malt to balance out the hops. Finishes with grapefruit bitterness that lasts just enough to invite another sip. A mighty fine and crushable ale. Fine effort by Boneyard!

Bone-A-Fide Pale Ale from Boneyard Beer Company