Stallion Strong Pale Ale | Boneyard Beer Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Boneyard Beer Company
Oregon, United States
boneyardbeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by John_M on 12-29-2012

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4/5  rDev 0%

My understanding is that this beer was made to celebrate/commemorate a recent anniversary event at the Horse Brass. The bartender indicated that they received the entire allocation, some 36 kegs, all that was made of it. He mentioned that they were down to their last few kegs of this beer, and expected to run out fairly soon.

The beer pours a copper amber color with good head retention and lacing. The nose is attractive, as I pick up considerable dry citrus (would you expect anything else in a pale ale from Boneyard?), light tropical fruit and a hint of pine. The flavor profile replicates the nose pretty closely, though it wasn't as hoppy on the palate as I was expecting. However, I picked up more hoppy bitterness over time, but in any event, I found this to be a well balanced, very easy to drink pale ale (it would probably have been a bit too hoppy for the late Don Younger, but otherwise this beer would have been right up his alley). Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied, and the alcohol was almost undetectable.

I liked the bona-fied pale ale from these guys more, but regardless, this is a very easy to enjoy pale ale from Boneyard. The Horse Brass had the RPM on tap as well (along with fresh blue dot), or I might have gotten a second glass.

Stallion Strong Pale Ale from Boneyard Beer Company