Simtra Triple IPA | Knee Deep Brewing Company

Simtra Triple IPASimtra Triple IPA

Knee Deep Brewing Company
kneedeepbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Simtra Triple IPA delivers a punch in the face with its very danky hop aroma derived from Simcoe and Citra hops. You wanted more hops you got them.

Added by baggio on 02-12-2012

#583

Ratings: 2,250 |  Reviews: 377

I'm a hophead. This is a hop beer. Highest rating possible.

Hell yes! Review 666 for this one!

I've had this on night 2 of a 3 day IPA comparison, day 1 was Heady Topper, day 2 was Simtra and 3 was Pliny...

A - This thing pours a deep pale orange hazy orange, 1 finger to 2 finger head that will disappear slowly. Beautiful lacing. Just an all around beauty to watch being poured.

S - Piney, Citrus from the Simcoe hops, orange, pineapple, malty, bready, slight alcohol undertones hits the back of the noise.

T - This tasted heavenly, extremely drinkable. Looking back, I was amazed how this tasted like a Heady Topper on steroids. The best way to describe the taste was citrus and sweet bitterness in the noise. This definatley had me taking more drinks than I would like. The alcohol is not even noticeable with the Simcoe providing a very nice taste... extremely balanced.

M - Silky, bitterness provides a nice massage on the tongue, not overly dry, carbonation is fantastic and the citrus notes made me feel like I was biting into a fresh peach.

Overall - This is one solid brew, with a 131 IBUs, I was amazed how smooth and drinkable this was. Like I said earlier, it reminds me of a Heady Topper on steroids. It is very balanced given the abv and IBU rating. For as tasty as this was, I recommend sipping this one slowly; the simcoe makes the alcohol a ninja in this brew, it will catch up to you.

I am in love with this beer, and it's availability compared to other demanded IPA's is a huge plus in my book. It's not over hyped, it's just a solid beer. If you're new to the Double IPA world, I suggest putting this one off...

AWESOME!