Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

None found.

3.5/5  rDev +0.3%

3.5/5  rDev +0.3%

3.44/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Note: I am not a huge fruit beer fan, and personally would rate it down a notch per my preferences. I tried to rate on style, as best I could.

This beer pours like light cranberry juice, with some effervescent work happening near the edges to collect at the side. I don't get much from the smell, but it reminds me of other Mad Fox beers, mostly. There is a slight hint of cherry if I take a deep whiff.

The taste is pretty standard for a fruit beer (which I categorized it as, not sure what the brewer does). There's a crispness to the beer part of the taste, fleeting before the cherry notes hit. These cherries are more sweet than tart, though, which isn't to say it's an overly sweet beer, but I was expecting more bite. The taste does hint at a lambic, but remains far from it.

The carbonation is good for feel, but the ending is just slightly oily in feel (no idea why I get this impression). I think the beer would be a better offering if it went more sour to grab the taste buds. As it is, it's a light-drinking beer that tastes a little more like a mocktail.

Kirschweiss from Mad Fox Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.