7sue

From:
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company

Iowa, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
World-Class
Notes: The first full batch of beer on Toppling Goliath's new brewing system and they achieved added efficiency from the equipment which increased the ABV. It's the same recipe and grain bill as Psuedosue, just a higher ABV.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 69 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Ri0 from Wisconsin

4.74/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I didn't realize this would get it's own name, since it is the same beer. It is a bit fuller, juicier, and maybe even mover sweeter (as in ripe pineapple) than petite Sue. I would prefer if Sue were always brewed this way, but they are both perfect.

Mar 26, 2014
mjpolzin from Wisconsin

4.09/5  rDev -10.1%

I poured 7sue and regular PseudoSue side by side, took a picture and sent it to a few acquaintances. My brother in-law thought it was a joke picture and thought I had maybe poured Miller Lite into the second glass that actually compared 7sue.

The point of that story was that 7sue looked so much clearer than regular PseduoSue almost to the point that it looked like a mass-produced lager. The nose wasn't as strong and fragrant on 7sue either. Taste-wise, the two were very, very close.

This was a nice little accidental experiment by Toppling Goliath but I think I prefer the regular PsuedoSue over the amped up 7Sue.

Mar 13, 2014
Davepoolesque from Massachusetts

4.11/5  rDev -9.7%

Great smelling. To me, this was just ok compared to regular Sue. I feel that the hops didn't shine through as much and it's flavor wasn't as crisp. I compared regular Sue to to Hill's Edward. This beer wasn't comparable. It's still a really good beer though.

Mar 07, 2014