Saison | The Kernel Brewery

11%

3.77/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.6/5  rDev -10%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -18.8%

4.11/5  rDev +2.8%

Hazy golden yellow body. Big tightly packed white head that just kept rising in my glass.

Lemony white pepper aroma. Textbook saison yeast. Very straight forward. Seemed DuPont-like.

Peppery yeast flavor. Some sweet malt. Very lemony. I even picked out a little peppermint and thyme. Wonderfully dry finish. This is very refreshing. I think the bottle we had was a little old so I don't know if it's hoppier or anything when it's fresh. I got a hint of some noble hopping but not much. Almost reminds me of Odonata Saison. Very drinkable.

Saison from The Kernel Brewery