Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse "Zymatore Series" | Professor Fritz Briem

4.02/5
Exceptional

Professor Fritz Briem
Germany

Style: Berliner Weissbier

1809 aged in Pinot Noir & Gin Barrels, then blended and served from a 'Aecht Schlenkerla' Wooden Cask.

Added by ZombiesAteMyDog on 11-20-2012

4.75/5  rDev +18.2%

4.32/5  rDev +7.5%

I had this at Holy Grale's "Saint Sours Day Sunday."

From the menu:
"1809 aged in Pinot Noir & Gin Barrels, then blended and servied from a 'Aecht Schlenkerla' Wooden Cask. 5% abv"

I'm a huge fan of the "Zymatore Series" and I think it added a lot of subtle complexity to one of the better Berliner Weissebiers I've tried. It was a bit more dry in texture, but overall, I believe the flavor was enhanced quite a bit. I wish I could have tried the original next to it for a better comparison.

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%

4.18/5  rDev +4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -6.7%

4.5/5  rDev +11.9%

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse "Zymatore Series" from Professor Fritz Briem