Beach Fire Smoked Scotch Ale | Slip Point Brewing

Awaiting More Ratings

Slip Point Brewing
Washington, United States

Style: Scottish Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by barleywinefiend on 09-03-2010

Reviews by Telestic:
2.5/5  rDev -23.3%

3.95/5  rDev +21.2%

A: Poured a golden color with good carbonation and a nice white head

S: Like smoke, peat, caramel

T: Starts off with some smoke, peat coming in and a caramel taste. Has sordove a smoke, light booze sting finish as well. Not bad. I am a fan of peat and smoke so I was happy

M: I thought the mouthfeel was tad thin but it was tasty and carboinated well

D: Good

2.95/5  rDev -9.5%

22oz bottle poured into two large snifters

I gave it a fairly low mark for looks because I've never seen a Scottish ale that looked so pale or had such huge head. It's golden and slightly cloudy, with a very large fine light beige head. Smell is sour and a little fruity, but I can't figure out what the fruit is. Smoke is slightly detectable.

There is a little smoke in the flavor, which actually makes it easier to identify in the smell as well, it's a little nutty, creamy, fairly light flavored.

Mouthfeel is thick and creamy without being sticky or heavy, which is pretty nice.

Overall, it's basically not getting a great score from me because it's nothing like what I think of as a Scottish ale. It's an interesting smoky beer, though, and really not bad at all.

Beach Fire Smoked Scotch Ale from Slip Point Brewing