Dig My Earth | Brouwerij West

Dig My EarthDig My Earth

Brouwerij West
brouwerijwest.com

Style: American Imperial IPA

A Hazy Double IPA brewed with Mecca Grade Estate Barley and Raw Wheat. Heavily hopped with Amarillo, Simcoe, and Centennial Hops.

Added by UCLABrewN84 on 06-16-2017

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
4.02/5  rDev -3.1%

Poured from fridge temp into a teku. Pours a nice hazy orange with thick white head. Nose is tropical fruit, pine, wheat, and orange peel. Taste follows the nose. Nice and sweet upfront. Some nice mango, orange, and peach notes. Maybe a bit of apricot as well. A bit of citrus peel, wheat, leather, and a touch of funk. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and a bit dry. Alcohol not detectable. Overall, a really nice double IPA.

3.96/5  rDev -4.6%

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.99/5  rDev -3.9%

3.96/5  rDev -4.6%

Decent hazy DIPA, aroma and flavor were just a bit too light & muted. Super Collider and Tahiti Substation were both much more flavorful and intense. Still solid citrus-forward, hides alcohol well, and it's smooth with low bitterness.

I guess I had higher expectations off the last couple of BW brews I've had. This is still easy drinking and fruity, it just doesn't exactly live up to the other BW offerings or the price tag for that matter.

4.08/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.16/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.79/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

3.92/5  rDev -5.5%

4.04/5  rDev -2.7%

4.06/5  rDev -2.2%

4.29/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Revisited this beer since first trying it at the brewery, and I enjoyed it much more.
No canning date, but I know it is relatively fresh.
Look: 2 fingers worth of head from a simple pour. Loads of residual lacing in the glass.
Smell: Light citrus fruit smell, with some biscuit malt aromas. Hop present is noted but not prominent.
Taste: Nice lemon, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit flavor. There is a slight gritty/bready flavor as well, which I find enjoyable.
Feel: Smooth, creamy, and medium in body and weight. Carbonation seems low for the style, giving it a pillowy feel.
Overall: It is funny that I didn't care all that much for it at the brewery, but I am loving it now. It is very easy drinking, and highly enjoyable. I am grateful to try this beer again, and I recommend it. Cheers!

3.98/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.53/5  rDev -14.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer ain’t exactly speaking to Raul. No large and in charge bravado... “I’m here! Hello!” It just kind of showed up and isn’t saying much. It’s hazy (which most beers seem to be nowadays), and it has very faint citrus on the aroma. Raul is not exactly intrigued, but like any other scientific genius, he pushes on. Flavor is like, and I quote Albert Einstein, “hella light.” As in, almost not there. You take a sip, get a lil citrus, and then everything falls flatter than a high fashion model sporting the latest Gucci blazer.

Yeah, Dig My Earth got invited to the party, but he made a quick exit after he showed up.

3.81/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

4.22/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Another excellent DIPA. I'm happy to report that I would have said the hops are Mosaic and Citra, but of course the label says Amarillo, Simcoe, and Centennial. So I have even more respect for the fruity flavors and very modest bitterness of this stuff.

Aroma of apricot and citrus peel. There is some haze and then just a little of the murky flavor. But overall this is full of orange and pineapple with a gentle bitter aftertaste. The finish is a little more stern than the sweetness on the lips, whle the malt and grainy flavors are enlivened by a sharp touch of acidity. From the 16 oz can purchased at Krisp.

4.41/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.33/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.29/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Picked this up at BiRite. Now that I know a little bit about my hops, I decided to give this a go. Pours and looks like straight orange juice. Cloudy as F! Smell is mandarin oranges, sweet grapefruit. Taste is of oranges and some sort of citrus. Little bite on the front but it's like when you drink orange juice when you first wake up. Mouth feel is medium to full but leaning more towards full. This beer is exceptional. Look for it!

4.9/5  rDev +18.1%

A: The pour reminds me of Julius. Extremely light gold, hazy, murky, 2 finger thick frothy off white head, great retention.

S: This beer has 3 of my favorite hops, you get all three up in the nose. Fresh cut watermelon, mango, orange, and kiwi. Very stone fruity on the end.

T: Very much like the nose, melon, mangos, oranges, kiwi, lemon grass, grainy, and wheat bread.

M: Has a light creamsicle feel, on the medium-high side, sweet, finishes dry, there's no hiding the booze on the backend.

O: I'm in love with this beer. My only suggestion is to hide that booze burn on the backend, but I'm nit picking. I think some flake oats would give it a creaminess and help reduce that burn. Other than that, this an F'ING great beer!

3.25/5  rDev -21.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast