Zephyr | Rising Tide Brewing Company

Rising Tide Brewing Company
Maine, United States
risingtidebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Heady like the sweet breath of Zephyrus, our India pale ale is redolent of citrus, apples, and pears, balanced by a touch of caramel. We use malted barley grown by local farmers and add a special blend of Cascade, Centennial, and Calypso hops to create this juicy, hoppy ale.

Added by BEERMILER12 on 08-11-2012

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

4.56/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Nice hoppy IPA. Just bitter enough but still refreshing. Clean after taste, one of my go to beers!

4.52/5  rDev +22.5%

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

From the bomber into a pint glass:

A: beautiful golden copper colored body that yields a two finger foamy white head that lasts for at least a good two minutes. The body is too hazy for any carbonation to be seen rising and has some spider web lacing speckling the sides of the glass.

S: good complexity of hops and malts, some sweet, some bitter, and some spicy. Some light pine and citrus comes in as the beer warms.

T: peppery yet piney sort of flavor that to me is pretty good.

M: not watery nor is it sharp, a perfect feel on the tongue, pretty sessionable.

O: I was not expecting this IPA to be this good, but yes I would definitely have this again.

4.47/5  rDev +21.1%

This beer was a hazy copper color with a fluffy, off-white head. There was a little bit of lace.

Sweet caramel malt aroma, then citrus. Interesting to me, there was a bit of a pear aroma.

Mostly grapefruit taste. Also a lot of caramel. The pear aroma translated well in the taste, and there was even a bit of apple.

Pretty cool, hoppy and sweet. More caramel than I would have expected, but very pleasant and enjoyable.

4.47/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Nice look good feel and terrific taste

4.44/5  rDev +20.3%

Excellent dry hopping smell and taste is great.

4.42/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.37/5  rDev +18.4%

This beer is like walking through a pine forest, chewing spearmint gum (in a good way). It is a way over the hop, piney IPA. I like beers like that, but it is a little gimicky. This is a completely one sided, hoppy IPA, but I don't know if I would drink it often. I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad I tried it, but it is a little pricey. Whenever my taste buds want to go to the North woods, I'll get a Zephyr, but I don't know how often that will be.

4.37/5  rDev +18.4%