White Chocolate Moo-Hoo Milk Stout | Terrapin Beer Company

terrapinbeer.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by HookemHoos on 11-12-2013

1.3/5  rDev -66.4%

Pours black with very little light coming through. Head dissipates quickly.
Big, sweet chocolate aroma.

. Pretty similar to regular Moohoo.
Tastes similar to the aroma. Basically regular moohoo with a touch of a vanilla like flavor. Sweet with medium carb and body.

So similar to regular Moohoo that I would never be able to tell the difference. I cannot believe that people are rating this highly and trading it for big beer. It seems like all these great reviews are from people below the Mason Dixon line that want to trade a beer that they are not happy with.

THIS IS A VARIANT THAT IS NOT A VARIANT. BUY REGULAR MOO HOO AND CALL IT A DAY. THEY RIPPED THE PUBLIC OFF WITH THIS AT $15 PER BOTTLE.

1.5/5  rDev -61.2%

1.5/5  rDev -61.2%

2.2/5  rDev -43.2%

2.25/5  rDev -41.9%

2.59/5  rDev -33.1%

Wax hacked and beer poured into tulip glass. I fear there is something wrong as 4 inches of fizzy head quickly builds up in the glass. The previous reviews mention moderate carbonation, this is fizzy like soda. The nose smells a bit off. I'm picking up notes of plastic, cocoa, and caramel.
The plastic unpleasantly dominates the aroma and the chocolate is buried. The flavor is a little more along the lines of what I expected in this beer, notes of cacao nibs, caramel, cream, and vanilla. These flavors are intermingled with sharp carbonation and a bit of the plastic character I picked up on the nose. The body is thin. Overall, I fear that I got a bad bottle. My experience certainly isn't consistent with other reviews so I'm not going to go declare an infection on the forums, but there is definitely issue with the bottle that I am drinking.

2.68/5  rDev -30.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Like the gentleman below, I feel that the bottle I opened last night was bad. Very thin and a large, fizz-filled head upon being poured. The color was black, but I was able to detect a good amount of light through the body. This was not what I was expecting. The nose had a metallic aroma and chocolate was very subtle in the background. While it had characteristics of Moo Hoo, it was certainly too thin and had "off" flavors. I have 2 more bottles that I need to try before commenting further.

2.79/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Pour is dark brown, opaque, tan bubbly head. Nose has a light roast. Chocolate is fairly strong present with some malt backbone. Bit of an off aroma metallic aroma and a touch green, Taste has a lot of sugar and sweetness up front, Malt and a bit of chocolate mid palate, back has that same off flavor. Carbonation is strong, not much rich malt depth, body is a hint thin and carb is a bit strong.

2.8/5  rDev -27.6%