W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout | Terrapin Beer Company

Terrapin Beer Company
Georgia, United States
terrapinbeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Formerly known as Terrapin Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout and Wake-n-Bake Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout.

Added by rajendra82 on 02-15-2005

Ratings: 3,949 |  Reviews: 1,309

4.75/5  rDev +11.8%

4.12/5  rDev -3.1%

A- Very rich looking, creamy head. Nice dark tone
S- Very nice coffee aroma, powerful throughout
T- Wish the coffee aroma came through as much in the taste but still very well done. Solid burnt flavors with a decent alcohol tone
M- Full lacing, well done
O- Great beer thats decently easy to come buy. Well done Stout

4.37/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz bottle in a pint glass.

Appearance: Dark cocoa, minimal foam.

Aroma: Very strong.

Taste: Coffee, baking chocolate, with a touch of mocha sweetness.

Mouthfeel: Smooth, but I would prefer a bit more carbonation.

Overall: Probably the best coffee stout you're going to find.

4.06/5  rDev -4.5%

It's gorgeous. Completely black, no sign of any other color. Thick pour. The head has a cascading form. It's dark beige in color and VERY creamy. A couple fingers thick at first. It retains well and leaves a thick, sticky lace behind.

I'll be honest, my nose is all stopped up so the scents may be stronger than I'm giving them credit for. I can't smell any coffee. I can pick up roasty, malty notes, but nothing else. As my nose cleared, the roasted notes became more aggressive.

Coffee is present and accounted for in the taste. The roasty, malty notes are there too, giving it a traditional stout flavor. Bittersweet chocolate is dancing around somewhere.

I'm a bit torn on this. It's very creamy and smooth, like you'd expect. However, with such a thick-looking pour, I expected to have to chew this and instead, it reminds me a bit of Guinness with its loose-ish feel. All that said, if you keep it in your mouth for a second to savor each sip and give it a little swirl so your whole tongue is covered, you can feel the thickness. Strange. Due to this, I'm calling it medium-bodied. The hops eventually make noise, well into the finish with some lingering bitterness. The high alcohol is never felt.

Overall, it's an extremely easy beer to drink. Even after nose spray cleared my nose, I can't smell it, though the roasted barley malt is even stronger, maybe I'm confusing the two. Regardless, it's a strong beer that acts like a pussycat going down.

4.47/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Dark brown head, nice coffee smell. This is probably the best easy to get coffee stout in my area. Very strong dark coffee taste in comparison to the subtle creamier taste found in most stout makes wake n bake stand out. I've had this one a hundred times living less than an hour from the brewery and
Still try the new batch every year

W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout from Terrapin Beer Company