Terrapin Hopsecutioner | Terrapin Beer Company

Added by Anthony1 on 11-03-2009

Ratings: 3,366 |  Reviews: 786
3.1/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Bottle, well within the suggested serving date.

A: Orange with a golden tone and red hue. Not much of a head, if there was it settled rather quickly, but the lacing on the glass was there.

S: Honestly I cant say much for the smell. For being an American IPA I expected more aroma. Maybe it was my dinner that night. The aroma I got mostly was pine, and raisins.

T: The hop presence was there but I thought this rather one dimensional. I like a bitter front with a strong balancing malt backbone finish. The hopsecutioner just didnt have that for me.

M: I'd say not quite medium bodied but rather moderate, I did like the creaminess associated with this IPA.

O: Maybe I thought the label was misleading a bit.. Hopesecutioner to me means hops galore, I kept taking sips to find what I was looking for and I never found it. My highest rating on this was appearance, I'd much rather have a higher rating on taste and smell. With that said its not a bad beer just not what I thought it was going to be.

4.25/5  rDev +11.5%

4.75/5  rDev +24.7%

2.75/5  rDev -27.8%

3.74/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

12oz bottle poured into a tulip glass. Date on the bottle says best by second week in February 2014

A:Pours an opaque orange with some sediment floating around. Solid retention and minimal lacing.

S: Lots of malty carmel scents and some grapefruit hops.

T: Follows the nose.

M: A bit thinner then it should be, especially for a beer with 7.3 ABV, leaves a nice sweat citrus flavor on the palette however.

O: Its not bad, I think that if I had this a bit more fresh it would be better.

3.25/5  rDev -14.7%