Terrapin So Fresh & So Green Green | Terrapin Beer Company

Availability: Fall

Added by mcallister on 08-05-2010

3.04/5  rDev -16.7%

22oz bottle poured into a dimpled mug

Pours a pretty amber, clean and bright. A two finger ecru cap falls to form a thin collar and leaves some dots of lace behind.

Hmm. Fresh hop IPA? I know this is probably close to two months old, but boy have these hops faded. This is more of a dry hopped lager, not sure what the other reviews say.

The aroma is earthy and musty with a clean, crisp lager yeast like aroma. Some faint oranges and pine are a little difficult to pick out.

On the palate, this guy is very similar to the nose. Clean and crisp throughout with some earty spice up front. Orange rind and pine needles come through in the finish. Some lingering juicy orange.

Medium body, clean and crisp on the finish. This truly reminds me of a dry hopped lager and not a wet hop ipa.

A nice beer that I think a little age hurt. Still, if this was intended to be a fresh hop lager, this is well above average. But as a fresh hop ipa, this is short of middle of the road.

3.06/5  rDev -16.2%

22oz bottle that my girlfriend got in a case from her beer club at work. We ended up splitting the bottle. Only date on the bottle is "2011 Challenger Hops".

Copper colored beer that poured a two finger off-white fluffy head. As the head went away, it left behind some nice sticky lacing.

Light grassy hops with some tiny notes of lemon. Sweet malt seems pretty prevalent to me.

Surprisingly malty for the style. I'm not saying that it wasn't hoppy, because it was. There was a grassy and spicy hoppiness that was nice and mellow, but I was expecting it to be a bit more pronounced. Is it because of the hops used? Is it because I waited so long to drink this fresh hopped ale? I don't know. Either way, meh.

Standard body and carbonation for an IPA. The finish was nice and clean.

This was a big let down in the hop department, and that was the biggest surprise to me. It was easy to drink, so I have to give it that. I'd try it in the future if they end up brewing this again and changing the hops, but until then, I don't plan on buying another bottle.

3.06/5  rDev -16.2%

Been sorta disappointed with the Terrapin Limited Release series lately.. Let's hope this one changes my opinion...

Crystal clear amber with a fluffy foamy head... Looks pretty good...

Balanced aromas here... Not enough hops for a fresh hop ale really... Its balanced for sure but it shouldn't be...

More balance here which I guess is okay but not what I'm looking for in a fresh hop ale... No oily resiny hoppiness present but rather a blend of the malts and hops...

Ok overall.. Nothing to write home about..decent

3.09/5  rDev -15.3%

Thanks goes out to mackey20 for this great extra!

A: Translucent and amber in color with a 1.5 finger white head that has moderate retention and nice lacing.

S: This is not a very strong smelling beer. I had to dig very deep into this beer to find a little bit of citrus hops. There's some acetone acidity up front with a little bit of citrus behind, but not even enough to pinpoint a certain fruit or smell.

T: The taste is that of piney hops with a bit of bitterness at the finish. This is not a hop bomb, but finishes with a nice, appropriate level of bitterness. The flavors up front however, are somewhat lacking and are nowhere near as intense as I would hope for. There's some malt caramel flavor that balances out the piney hops at the start.

M: I felt like this beer could use slightly more carbonation, as I like IPAs to be a little bit more crisp on the palate and this one kind of sat fat and heavy.

D: At 6.6% ABV this is a very drinkable beer, however it is not overly complex or interesting. I feel that while I COULD drink a large amount of this, my desire to do so would not be overly high.

3.1/5  rDev -15.1%

Poured from a bomber into a Chimay goblet

A- pours a really dark amber with a one finger white head that fades really quickly. Lacing is minimal. Really dark for an IPA, a little offputting. The very basic head is also offputting

S- very mild citrus hops. Not a lot here

T- floral and citrusy but overall, really weak. I got this in October and have had it refrigerated ever since, so the hops couldn't have faded that much, could they?

M- feel is good. A little thick

D- meh. The dullness of everything here is a huge turnoff. I wanted this to be awesome, but it wasn't at all.

3.11/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Terrapin So Fresh & So Green Green from Terrapin Beer Company