Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout | Terrapin Beer Company

terrapinbeer.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by thagr81us on 10-29-2010

Ratings: 2,544 |  Reviews: 626

bottle to DFH signature glass, 1 in head settled slowly left some good lacing. dark black ,looks like a dark roast coffee

aroma - roasted malts, chocolate, vanilla

taste - sweetness starts it off, decent chocolate/coffee bitterness to balance it out

mouthfeel - silky smooth, medium body, medium-to-lower carb

overall - awesome brew, perfect for dessert!

3.25/5  rDev -17.5%

4.1/5  rDev +4.1%

A bit thin, but a great aroma. Gets better as it warms. Very solid.

4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

3.65/5  rDev -7.4%

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

4.56/5  rDev +15.7%

4.08/5  rDev +3.6%

4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

3.7/5  rDev -6.1%

4.43/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is my first time trying this beer. I have recently begun trying milk stouts, in the past I really didn’t understand what they were and because they had milk in the title it turned me off. I didn’t know what to expect. But, I have since educated myself and started trying them and have discovered how great they really can be.

Appearance: Dark, not as black as a RIS but pretty dark nonetheless, what you would expect from a stout, think of Guinness, but without the Nitro. Decent amount of head but it fades to a small thin layer over time.

Aroma: Chocolate milk and booze. It kind of reminds me of a chocolate version of Bailey’s on the nose. Sweet chocolate and vanilla dominate, maybe a tinge of alcohol, but not a great deal.

Taste: Like a boozy chocolate milk. It leaves a definite chocolate flavor in the mouth at first, while drinking it and after it lingers. This is a nice tasting beer. I would imagine it would be incredible on a nitro tap!

Overall: I don’t know where to place this beer, it is unique from the ones I have had in the past because of the chocolate dominance. But this is good, I would buy it again. I think it might be a bit pricey for what it is, but not really. I do wish it came in 6 rather than 4 packs, but that seems to be a trend.

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

I could drink this for breakfast and dessert.

Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout from Terrapin Beer Company