Terrapin Tree Hugger | Terrapin Beer Company

Alströms:

2.5/5  rDev -28.4%

3.74/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A - served on tap at Buffalo Grill in little Rock, this place is awesome friendly ppl awesome atmosphere. But onto the tree hugger. Came out in a mug. Nice dark honey color with little head.. But great lacing

S - lemony citrus Smell with explosions of malt... Toffee undertones and caramel sweetness lingering..

T - very very very refreshing get the crisp lemon sweetness... Malty goodness, complex yet simple a the same time. Get a maple nutty taste

M - very light with a sweet dry finish..

O - I'm enjoying this on the patio at Buffalo Grill with my family very refreshing and a great beer. Great refreshing beer for the spring summer days

Enjoy

4.5/5  rDev +28.9%

2.51/5  rDev -28.1%

Had no idea what style this was supposed to be; I remember thinking and saying "well, it doesn't taste bad, but it is probably the most boring beer I have had in a long time." It's reminiscent of many mediocre brewpub "Copper Ale" offerings. Altbier? I've been to Dusseldorf, this isn't an altbier. Maybe a year old bottle of Uerige, at best...

Over the years, I have become less and less of a Terrapin fan, had a blast at their brewery a couple years back, but it's been a long time since I was really impressed by them. White Chocolate MooHoo was nice enough and put them up a notch, but even the new super limited stuff still isn't doing all that much for me. Tree Hugger brought them back down to where they were before I had the WC MooHoo. Wake-n-Bake is always I treat when I see it, but unfortunately that release has made it's way into the "hyped up beer club".

Maybe the fact that they are 40ish% owned by MillerCoors has something to do with it, but I'm glad that more breweries are popping up in GA and offering something different than the (dare I say it) "Older/Larger" GA breweries.

Appearance: Copper color, thin white head.
Nose: Not much there, some barely, stale European hops.
Taste: Same as the nose, barley, a touch of hops.
Mouthfeel: dry enough, and rounded. Probably the best attribute.
Overall: Year round offering...who's buying this? I suppose that this bottle could have been old and maybe it's more interesting fresh (I didn't notice a freshness date).

Terrapin Tree Hugger from Terrapin Beer Company