Terrapin Maggie's Peach Farmhouse Ale | Terrapin Beer Company

Added by plato on 05-25-2013

Liked:
3.46/5
Alströms:

if I could rate an zero I would this was fucking terrible I'll fill out the details later . this brewery should be ashamed of themselves their beer is an fucking disgrace since they've sold out, the workers lost motivation and the owners got wealthier I'm sure. disgrace.

1.02/5  rDev -70.5%

Fake peach medicine taste. Least favorite beer ever. Smells like rotten peaches. Can looked promising, but was very disappointed.

1.5/5  rDev -56.6%

1.5/5  rDev -56.6%

1.52/5  rDev -56.1%

Gross smells like vomit taste like bad beer mixed with a peach pit usually terrapin beers but not this one

1.54/5  rDev -55.5%

Poured from a 12 OZ can into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells like peach extract mixed with beer, not very appealing.
Appearance- A dark clear golden body with a neon white head.
Taste- Horrendous, I enjoy most fruit beers. But I have yet to have a good peach beer. This is incredibly bad. I could barely finish it. The 90+ temperature forced me to continue drinking this cold swill.
Palate- terrible
Overall- I love most Terrapin offerings, this was very bad to me.

Aroma: Peach with a bit of earthiness over some sweet malt.

Flavor: Peach with a bit of earthiness and chalk over some sweetish, straightforwardly grainy malt. Subtly phenolic like clove or plastic. Moderately bitter. It finishes drying with some residual maltiness, but it dries quickly. Pleasant notes of peach linger along with a dusting of spiciness. Nicely balanced.

Mouthfeel: Medium to medium-light in body and gently crisp with a moderate carbonation. The softer carbonation hurts the head retention but leaves the flavor more direct without as much carbonic acid to spice it up. Soft and smooth once warmed.

Overall: Not a bad fruit beer. The "Saison" character is restrained, but it needs to be to let the peach shine. I think as an idea it could be better, but as it is it's pretty good already. One of the better fruit beers I've had in a long time. At least they get a little credit for originality

1.58/5  rDev -54.3%

Full disclosure, I'm not generally a fruit-beer kinda guy but was recently very impressed with a seasonal watermelon brew so I figured I'd roll the dice on another fruit beer. I am a fan of most of Terrapin's offerings but Maggie's was a big mistake on my part....and their's. While it has a decent color and appearance and pours nicely, my immediate thought upon tasting was, Nyquil. It tastes like original, green Nyquil. Perhaps it's just the way it reacts with my pH. Maybe I grabbed an old six-pack.....I don't know, but in my OPINION, Maggie's has a very medicinal taste.

1.86/5  rDev -46.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Just......no.

2.17/5  rDev -37.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Highly disappointing "peach" ale from Terrapin. Overall just a nasty taste to this brew. if you want a real Peach brew, get RJ Rockers Son of a Peach. That is how a Peach brew should be done.

2.25/5  rDev -35%