Way Bad Billy Double Blond Bock | Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub

Alströms:

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.15/5  rDev 0%

22 oz. bomber from the brewpub, Racoon's bottling line is Cascade Brewing. Bottle Conditioned, with Saaz, Perle, and Tettnang hops. 22 SG, 5.2 TG, 30 IBUs.
Poured into my New Belgium goblet, the Way Bad Billy is a cloudy burnt gold with a large, fluffy white sand colored head that is a bit rocky settling, leaving heavy chunks of lace.

Smell is just fantastic, so floral and sweet, yet just softened enough to prevent overindulgence, which is near uncontrollable! This actually really reminds me of a fine saison.

Taste is big and rich cereal malts, the sweetness well tempered by the spicy hops and drying alcohol. There is a nice crispness to the bready finish, which lingers pleasantly. Served just below fridge temp. Try not to disturb the dregs for the final pour, I got some, and while not a big deal, I'll try to avoid them for my next bottle.

Mouthfeel is on the heavier side, but this is a huge all malt lager that's bottled conditioned, so what would I expect. The crispness keeps it from getting to cloying.

Drinkablity at first seems rather high, as it's a big bold blonde that really provides a lot of flavor and carries it's high ABV easily. However, there is an unmistakable heavy sweetness that can get cloying and keeps you in check, not to mentioned a boozy sucker-punch if you drink too deep. Best drunk on the colder side to keep it from thickening.

Man, I've always loved these big blonde maibocks...reminds me of my Stoudt's drinking days, I'm glad to find something similar out here in Portland, which doesn't see many local lagers.

Way Bad Billy Double Blond Bock from Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub