Stowaway I.P.A. | Baxter Brewing Co.

Stowaway I.P.A.Stowaway I.P.A.
Liked This Beer
3.83 w/ 1,046 ratings
Stowaway I.P.A.Stowaway I.P.A.

Baxter Brewing Co.
Maine, United States
baxterbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Bold, complex flavors with a solid malt backbone and assertive hop profile, along with cold conditioning, give this beer its crisp, clean, hoppy finish. Deep amber-to-orangish in color, Stowaway pours with a nice, creamy head; a huge hop aroma of citrus, pine and grapefruit notes; and a big, complex, and intense hop flavor from the 5 different hop varieties and double-dry-hopping procedure used in making this beer. The malt flavor up-front turns dry and crisp; Stowaway is full-bodied but with a dry finish and pleasant, long-lasting, hop aftertaste. This I.P.A. definitely leaves you wanting more.

Added by Casey10 on 02-01-2011

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.76/5  rDev -1.8%

4.04/5  rDev +5.5%

3.78/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Really solid classic single IPA

Great clear copper color, topped with a flat white head. Good retention, great lacing.

Fairly subtle aroma, centered on pine, citrus, wildflower honey, and caramel and pale malts.

Flavor follows. Pretty bitter, with citrus peel and pine, and a smooth malt profile.

Lively and slick mouthfeel with slight sting and dry finish.

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.44/5  rDev -10.2%

3.96/5  rDev +3.4%

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%

Just found this Maine brew in my local package store in Northford, CT. I bought it on a whim, ten bucks for a sixer, liked the logos on the can. Aroma and start really are that of a DIPA, lots of citrus and pine. Reminded me of New England's "Ghandi-Bot". That didn't last too long, as it quickly fades to a grassy, wheaty finish. Decent hop and citrus notes linger throughout. Overall a good beer I will buy again. I will be keeping a keen eye on Baxter, they now have my attention. If anyone has any suggestions from this brewer, please post it.

4.08/5  rDev +6.5%

3.52/5  rDev -8.1%

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

4.4/5  rDev +14.9%

3.65/5  rDev -4.7%

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

Stowaway I.P.A. from Baxter Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 69.4% out of 100 with 1,046 ratings