Stowaway I.P.A. | Baxter Brewing Co.

Stowaway I.P.A.Stowaway I.P.A.
3.83/5
Very Good
Stowaway I.P.A.Stowaway I.P.A.

Baxter Brewing Co.
Maine, United States
baxterbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Bold, complex flavors with a solid malt backbone and assertive hop profile, along with cold conditioning, give this beer its crisp, clean, hoppy finish. Deep amber-to-orangish in color, Stowaway pours with a nice, creamy head; a huge hop aroma of citrus, pine and grapefruit notes; and a big, complex, and intense hop flavor from the 5 different hop varieties and double-dry-hopping procedure used in making this beer. The malt flavor up-front turns dry and crisp; Stowaway is full-bodied but with a dry finish and pleasant, long-lasting, hop aftertaste. This I.P.A. definitely leaves you wanting more.

Added by Casey10 on 02-01-2011

Ratings: 1,055 |  Reviews: 210
4.25/5  rDev +11%

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

3.48/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

4.15/5  rDev +8.4%

This is the one out of the "backpack" that I was most eager to try, and I was NOT disappointed. A really good IPA definitely somewhere in the top 5 of IPA's i've tried. Smell is very hoppy/piney, with a little fruit thrown in. Taste is similar, hitting you with good fresh pine hops upfront, finishing with some grapefruit or orangey flavors. The mouthfeel is great, with moderate carbonation that fits the brew and ends dry. Overall a really good IPA and my favorite brew from Baxter so far.

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

3.25/5  rDev -15.1%

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

Stowaway I.P.A. from Baxter Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.83 out of 5 with 1,055 ratings