Murphy's Irish Red | Murphy Brewery Ireland Limited

murphysbeers.com

Style: Irish Red Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-08-2001

4.85/5  rDev +52.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Brilliant Irish ale, wonderfully brewed, smooth tasting red ale for everyone to enjoy.

4.75/5  rDev +49.4%

4.73/5  rDev +48.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

On Tap in the only Irish Pub in the area that carries it - Paddy Cassidy's, Cocoa Beach, FL. I enjoy the clear, red-amber pour, the malty sweetness and it's slight bitter taste. (I'm not a fan of sweet-tasting brews.) It's light-bodied enough to be a regular brew for me and anyone that likes ales, especially if you can find it on tap. I've also tried the bottles but definitely prefer a correct temperature pour on draught.

4.45/5  rDev +39.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.4/5  rDev +38.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Served from 12 oz bottle into schooner glass.
Pours a thick, foamy cream colored head that falls slowly with plenty of lacing on the glass. Color is clear amber with abundant carbonation streams. Aroma of rich bread dough, caramel, earthy hops. Mouthfeel is medium with a slightly wet finish. Flavor is abundant with molasses, toasted malt with some char, caramel, raisin, well balanced with earthy hops. Really enjoyed this one and would buy again.

4.37/5  rDev +37.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Surprised by the great flavor.

4.35/5  rDev +36.8%

way under rated. not a rare find, but a great irish red none the less, copper red in color, a nice finger thick head that stick a little. the taste is crisp and has a mellow hop flavor, and a nice lingering finish. the mouth-feel is tingley and sharp, and it goes down a nicely as any other red on the planet. when (not if) you happen upon this give it a try, be it on tap or in a bottle.

4.3/5  rDev +35.2%

Poured this out of a 12oz bottle. It poured a dark amber to almost caramel color with a small off white head. The head didn't last long and there was no lacing on the glass. The smell was a bit malty, but the taste was sweet, with a hint of hops. This is a very quality beer in my opinion. This is a good beer for watching the game, or even make a good session beer. I would definatly recomend this beer to anyone. Just a little harder to find in my area though.

4.24/5  rDev +33.3%

4.23/5  rDev +33%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I was given this beer by my bartender when I asked him to just give me a random beer. I was relatively surprised to find out that I enjoyed the heck out it. I ended up ordering two more. It's easy to drink and has real fine taste. At first it has a little bite but as you sip it you will be refreshed. I highly recommend this beer, as it is easy to drink. I plan on having this beer again when I get the opportunity.

4.2/5  rDev +32.1%

4.2/5  rDev +32.1%

Pretty great beer. I got a single bottle and drank it from a large mug. The appearance was a beautiful red with vibrant carbonation, the smell was great and the taste was, to me, above average. It left no bad after taste and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still don't know the exact alcohol content as it is not labeled on the bottle, but it is a really great beer. Overall, great beer and I would recommend it.

Murphy's Irish Red from Murphy Brewery Ireland Limited