Paw Paw Vanilla Porter | Crossroads Brewing Company

Style: American Porter

Added by UDbeernut on 12-11-2011

Reviews by UDbeernut:
3.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Deep amber fills my mug, small off white head with fair retention. Nose is clean if not boring, slight roastiness. Taste is roasty up front with the vanilla hitting in the after taste. Well balanced and enjoyable on this cold day. Medium bodied, slightly slick mouth.

5/5  rDev 0%

5 Stars across the board. I loved this on cask (and I was one of the ~30 people that got a pint at the regular Tuesday Night Cask event at Crossroads) as I am an overall cask ale fan in general. The smell was amazingly heavenly scented of vanilla and the nice roasty porter marriage was a big winner. It was smooth, flavorful and a great big beer in your mouth. I wish I could have another glass straight from the cask - but even on regular draught, it is a winner.

Paw Paw Vanilla Porter from Crossroads Brewing Company