Ride Again | Lucette Brewing Company

Ride AgainRide Again

Lucette Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
lucettebrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Formerly known as Easy Rider

Added by BarrytheBear on 06-14-2011

4.86/5  rDev +20.9%

Big Ups and Major Props to the fine fellows at Riley's Wines of the World in Madison, WI for providing me with a CAN in furtherance of The CANQuest (TM) during my most recnt visit!

From the CAN: "Craft beer, hand crafted"; "Friendly with a Glass"; "Lucette, sweetheart to Paul Bunyan, was at the core of the lumber industry that built Menomenie. Like our beer, her origins are steeped in mystery. One thing remains certain, Lucette's legend has yet to be fully told."; "Misfortune and adversity originate from many places. It's not the source of these missteps that matter, but how one responds to such situations. Misadventures have shaped the ideals and values we abide by. This beer exists today and more than ever remains an image of resilience and empowerment, the foundation of Lucette, existing within us all. [undersigned the four Cofounders]".

I was amused, while a student at Pitt, to hear of a West Virginia phrase, using the verb, "to ride" as in to give one a ride somewhere. I first heard a pretty cheerleader classmate use it with one of our classmates, a buff young man with a Dodge Charger in which he took great pride. "Hey, Mike, would you ride me after class in your car?" At this, all of us perked up and looked over! "Hell yeah, baby! I'd love to ride you!" Her, embarrassed, "No, I meant give me a ride. That's just the way we talk in my hometown. Sorry, Mike, I didn't meant to get your hopes up." Wild laughter ensued.

Hey, Lucette, I'm all set to ride you again, baby! I love your gingham blouse, your wide brown eyes, your ruby lips, your bared midriff, your Daisy Dukes and best of all, your bangin' hairdo (she has bangs). Let's go back amidst the hops bines and see what we're made of!

I pulled her top back with a loud Crack and looked around to see if anyone had heard us. I gave her an inverted Glug and she threw her head back in glee. A massive head soon appeared, dense, tawny and not going down any time soon. Color was an-oh-so-slightly hazy amber (SRM = 13 to 17). I leaned in for a sniff of her scent and was rewarded with an oily, pine-like smell as if she had rubbed fresh hops on herself. Oh my! I drank deeply of her, allowing her voluminous body to fill my mouth, rolling her around on my tongue, feeling her luxurious sensuality as best I could. She was quite tasty, earthy with a pine-like mintiness that put me in mind of digging a hole in a pine forest. She returned my favors with a heavy dose of hops on the finish, leaving me breathless and astounded. Schlitz used to have the advertising tagline: "Just a kiss of the hops." Bump that action, Daddy-O! Lucette was giving me a French Kiss of the hops and I was totally digging her, man. Spent, I luxuriated in the afterglow, fondly fondling her CAN. Now, this is how beer should be!

4.82/5  rDev +19.9%

back visiting the folks in wisco. where i live, i ride my bike to russian river brewery. this beer reminds me of lagunitas pale ale which occupies a middle ground between a pale ale and an ipa. very clean. solid beer. I also tasted the rush river ipa style beer and the new glarus no coast pale ale. All beers are excellent! But this one stood out to me in comparison to my spoiled north bay palate.

4.65/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pours a light amber bordering on a orange with a half finger of head

Smell is citrus, bready, lemon and even a little lime,

Taste is a unreal balance between malt and hops, citrus followed by bready malts and so it goes, orange and lemon followed by a nice bready character which finishes with a slight piney dryness.

Mouthfeel is medium light with adequate carbonation

Well is comes in 6 packs of Pints cans!! No better system then that!

I can not fault this one really at all, everything a APA should be, perfect balance between hops and malt, really nice, would love to brew a clone of this bad boy, really great stuff here!

4.54/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

16oz can into a pint glass (16oz 6 pick for $8.50..WUUUTTTT????)

A - Body is pretty deep in color for an APA, a shade left of copper. Head is quite impressive - VERY stiff, with lacing sticking all the way to the finish.

S - Hops forward. I am a bit apprehensive to proprietary hop blends, but I feel like this one provides a great profile. Pine resin is there but it is balanced equally by some tart citrus.

T - Much like the nose, although the malt shows its face here as well. The bread dough and soft caramel hold tight to the finish while the hops bring home the mild citrus and faint fruitiness. This is what an APA should strive to be.

M - Carbonation is fair, on par with what I would expect for a pale ale. Body i quite viscous for a ~5% ABV, which I appreciate

O - I've been quite impressed with other Lucette beers I've tried, and this one is no exception. Quite an impressive APA from a small brewery, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Lucette. I can see Lucette making waves in the Midwest craft beer scene someday.

4.5/5  rDev +11.9%

A- pours an orange copper color, crystal clear. White head with good retention. Lacing is plentiful ringing the glass after each sip.

S- Big balanced grapefruit and pine and some mango. Malt comes through as well. Hops are very northwest.

T- starts out with pine and grapefruit along with some breadiness and mango notes. The finish is very hoppy, oily and drying but clean. Long finish.

M- light and appropriate carbonation is pleasing on the palette.

O- great American pale that is a great representation of the style: both hoppy and balanced, resulting in a drinkable offering. Excellent.

Re-reviewed and updated notes on 2.25.12

4.43/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.34/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Poured into snifter glass.

Appearance: beer had a golden reddish orange hue. Completely opaque but not cloudy. Foam was presentable but broke down quickly. Plenty of lacings.

Smell: very tropical and flora aroma. Picked up plenty pineapple.

Taste: very bitter with notes of grapefruit. I anticipated it would be sweet because of the fruity aromas, instead its very earthy, grassy and bitter. Absolutely no malty sweetness shines through; the hops are the centerpiece. It packs that very nice bitter punch while still tasting like an APA, not IPA.

Mouthfeel: very light bodied and crisp.

Overall: this is a beer I could drink everyday. I love how the aroma and flavors contrast each other yet still comes together. Even better, it comes in 16 oz cans and sold in 6 packs for less than ten dollars!

4.26/5  rDev +6%

Poured from a 16 ounce can. Light yellow body. Silky white head. Pleasantly surprised by this beer. Light fruity easy drinking beer. Nice touch of citrus and pine in both the aroma and flavor. Good summer beer.

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.24/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Into a fluted tulip glass it pours a bright saturated orange with slowly rising carbonation. A finger of foam on top, with a halo of delicate lacing in the glass. Swirling rekindles a fine skim across the surface, but the foam fades away fairly quickly with a collar of foam around the edges.

Bright citrusy hop aroma, fresh and green, slightly dank.

Moderate hop bitterness, citrus peel flavors, light pale malt, and a resiny feel that sticks to the teeth. Light bodied and very drinkable. Reminds me of a certain local favorite, Daisy Cutter, though with a more citrus based hop profile. A nice hoppy session ale, on the level of Indeed Day Tripper.

4.2/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Had Easy Rider on tap at Mavericks Wood Grill in Champlin for Mother’s Day!
A – Poured with a finger of foam with a decent lacing around the rim. Good amount of carbonation present. Burnt yellow color

S – Picked up citrus and lemon notes with a little pine

T/M – Lighter to medium bodied brew. Smooth on the tongue. Picked up slight taste of tangerines and lemons with a little bitterness at the back end. Not overly hoppy but noticeable

D – Tasty easy drinker. Good sessions brew sitting just over 5%. Not overly hoppy or malty. Nice refreshing brew that could be enjoyed on a hot summer day. I would recommend this brew and will have this again

Ride Again from Lucette Brewing Company