Key Lime Rye | Funkwerks

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.75/5  rDev +15.7%

3.28/5  rDev +1.2%

I want to grade this fairly, but I am biased. I tried a key lime wine before and it set my expectations for something a little sweeter. I probably should not have expected this in a funky beer, but expectations probably had a factor. I will try to judge this accordingly.

It pours a light yellow with creamy white head, descent head and retention and nice lacing.

The aroma is tart with lime zest, sour funk, and cloves.

The taste is very tart, definite key lime, weak wheat background doesn't allow enough sweetness to balance. Spicy notes in the background are nice with cloves. The tartness is out of balance and cloying in its own way.

Definite lime, watery, and crisp. Overall, out of balance and too tart.

2.85/5  rDev -12%

We sampled this one at the Funkwerks Brewery with some friends, a few Saturdays ago. Poured a bright yellow color with a smallish white head. Very nice aromas of lime zest, straw, spicy rye and yeast. On the palate, this one was light bodied with an unpleasant taste, with flavors of straw, yeast and light lime.

Key Lime Rye from Funkwerks