Westbrook / LIC - Brewer's Tan

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Westbrook / LIC - Brewer's TanWestbrook / LIC - Brewer's Tan
Notes: Back during Charleston Beer Week, the guys from LIC Beer Project stopped by to help brew a tropical creme pie inspired gose that we're calling Brewer's Tan. Pineapple puree, toasted coconut, pistachios, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk sugar make this a perfect beverage for all your tropical and tiki-themed relaxation activities.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.18/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Received in a trade. Had planned on sharing this with JLindros but I'm already swinging by tomorrow with a dozen beers so something had to give. Now it's a game of 'which one of these do I drink myself'. As I crack this I can hear him going "this isn't a beer!"

A - Poured into my Duvel tulip a nice hazy very pale golden hue with a thin half finger white head that faded to leave a thin halo and light wisps.

S - Big aromas of sweet over ripe pineapple. Tons and tons of pineapple, both fresh and canned, the coconut is a bit on the heavy toast. Decent vanilla on the aroma, not much in the way for cinnamon, good lactose, flashes of creamy wheat. Not getting much pistachio either. If this was billed as simply a 'pineapple coconut vanilla gose' then it would be aces, however, all the other added bits don't quite translate on the nose.

T - Taste is nice gose acidity, sour lactic notes, pie crust flavours that are stereotypical of a Westbrook gose. Big creamy wheat followed by sweeter pineapple. The pineapple is nice, not overly there bit bringing the sweet fruit. The coconut oddly enough is much more subdued than it was on the nose. The coconut that is there is almost aggressively toasty. Faint, faint vanilla and just a little bit of cinnamon. I'm not sure if I get pistachio either. As it warms the pineapple pops even more.

M - Mouthfeel is lightly carbonated, decent body, not as flemmy as the style can be.

O - Overall this was a solid beer, however, some components next quite popped namely the cinnamon and pistachio and the coconut stayed as an overly toasted background element. The pineapple here was absolutely splendid, reminding me very much of a pineapple cider in the level of fruitiness. For that element I would drink this again but on the whole I'd say this was one of Westbrook's weaker Gose entries.

Serving Type: Can

Westbrook / LIC - Brewer's Tan from Westbrook Brewing Co.