Cowboy Meets Farmer | Westbrook Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Westbrook Brewing Co.
South Carolina, United States

Style: Belgian IPA

Availability: Summer

This beer is the next progression in our single-hopped beer series and features the Amarillo hop (the Cowboy) and a large portion of wheat (the Farmer) in the grain bill. When fermented by our Belgian yeast strain at warm summer temperatures and blasted with an extra dose of Amarillo dry hops, these two best friends produce a light bodied ale with strong fruit and citrus flavors and a nose reminiscent of fresh squeezed orange juice.

Added by raverjames on 07-13-2011

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by kingjames1:
3.92/5  rDev -1.5%

This pours an amber orange, with a nice, sticky head. The smell is bright, floral, pineapple, citrus (orange juice). Very appealing aroma! Taste is more muted than the nose, but still delish. But there is a watery element that seems to make the flavors fall apart - not quite hold together. Still pretty dang good, though; the beer is dry-hopped with amarillo, and it has a nice finish. The mouthfeel is decent, but I wonder if this beer would be better if there more carbonation (ala Belgian blondes). Overall...pretty good, and worth trying for sure.

4.09/5  rDev +2.8%

On-tap at the Westbrook tasting room on 7/21/11. Graciously served by Mrs. Morgan Westbrook herself, quite a treat on my birthday!

Pours a nice orange color with a thin white ring and a slight haze. Definitely smells like Amarillo, lots of crisp, fruity aromas of citrus and pineapple with a touch of wheat. Flavors follow the nose nicely, lots of fruity Amarillo and crisp wheat. Medium-bodied with crisp carbonation, this makes for an excellent Summertime brew, and I can't wait to visit the growler I have in my fridge!

4.05/5  rDev +1.8%

This is a new brew from Westbrook. It is actually a Belgian Blonde, brewed with wheat, and dry hopped with Amarillo hops.

At first I thought this was a saison, because I was looking at the wrong tap. Then I smelled it and I could get that distinct citrus aroma from the Amarillo. This was a light and fruity beer with some nice esters that lingered from belgian yeast. I did not get as much Amarillo in the flavor, but that may have been hidden with the yeast. The color was nice and light, with a big fluffy head. I am glad I have a growler in the fridge, because I really need to revisit. I think my palate was a bit off when I was in the brewery. Even with my tastebuds playing tricks on me, this was a solid and tasty brew for a hot summer day.

4.75/5  rDev +19.3%

3.5/5  rDev -12.1%

Cowboy Meets Farmer from Westbrook Brewing Co.