Windy City Wheat

Gots
SCORE
Okay
Windy City WheatWindy City Wheat
Notes: Today's forecast...Windy! A Belgian-style wheat ale brewed with honey and spices.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Reviews: 31 | Ratings: 92
Reviews by -ronin-:
3.75/5  rDev +14%

2.73/5  rDev -17%

Poured this cloudy, golden brew from a 12 oz bottle into a standard pint glass, noted a quickly dissipated 1/2 inch head that left a little white on top while I drank this beer, but no lacing to speak of. Very little aromatics, I had trouble getting anything other than the grain in the nose. Tasted clean and crisp, with the wheat front and center, some grassy flavors in the finish.. Very light in the mouth, an easy drinking beer.

All in all, I'd have to say this is a beer made for summer.

3.98/5  rDev +21%

I think much of what has been said is fairly accurate. The color is quite nice and the smell is much like a typical wit beer. The flavor is quite nice, and the finish is very smooth. The packaging and brew immediately and quite obviously make you think of goose island's 312. In comparison, I would much prefer windy city wheat over 312. I picked up a six-pack at a local binny's and have rather enjoyed it during a football sunday. It should be really good come spring time.

3.8/5  rDev +15.5%

I was served this beer in a pint glass poured out of the bottle. At first it looked and smelled like a KC's Boulevard Wheat. Once I had a taste, I was shocked at how smooth it was and how much it reminded me of Boulevard's wheat beer. The slightest hint of honey really set the beer apart from its competition. I ended up drinking a 6 pack and enjoyed every moment of it. I look forward to seeing this beer at my local liquor store in Kansas City.

4.05/5  rDev +23.1%

This beer can be compared to many, but the more I drank the better they got! Being from Kansas City, of course I thought of a Boulevard or two that i had smelled recently. Although the aroma and taste were two very nice parts of the experience up front, I loved how it made me want more! I look forward to being able to buy this beer here in KC soon. Bring it Chicago Beer Company!

3.39/5  rDev +3%

Saw this in the local grocery store and decided that I needed to try it. The color was a bit cloudy by golden. There was a white head that left sime lacing that eventually dissappeared. The aroma was mostly grain..hints of citrus and clove. The taste was similar to most belium white ales...a lil spice that leans towards clove, but with a good citrus balance. Mouthfeel was fine could drinl 3-4 before tiring on the beer.

2.5/5  rDev -24%

3.31/5  rDev +0.6%

2.53/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

this beer pours out lookin like others of it's kind. hazy yellow body with half finger of off white head that fades rather quickly. smell is weak, some wheat and spice. taste is rather weak also. more of the spice and wheat. mouthfeel is thin and watery, decent carbonation. real weak beer, real disappointment. just go with hoegarden if you want to know what this beer is suppose to taste like.

2.5/5  rDev -24%

4.67/5  rDev +41.9%

Picked up a 6pk at Binny's and I am a big fan of this new Belgian White. I met the owner at a tasting event and he has a lot of passion for the beer - it's 2 brothers running the show - one is a brewmaster and one is the sales team. Althought they are contract brewed in Wisconsin they are both local guys who grew up in St. Charles.

Aroma: Moderate sweetness (light notes of honey) with light, grainy, spicy wheat aromatics. Notes of coriander. Fruity, floral and sweet aroma

Appearance: Very pale straw. Cloudy. Dense, white head with good retention

Flavor: Pleasant sweetness (with a honey character) and a zesty, orange-citrusy fruitiness. Refreshingly crisp with a dry, tart, finish. Has a low wheat flavor. Hop bitterness is low

Looking forward to their next brew - Pier Pale Ale

Found this bottle in local liquor store.

I never knew this brewery existed! Color was almost clearish yellow with generous white head. Not as cloudy as I would have liked, but still nice to look at. Bubbles can be seen rising from the bottom. Smell and taste was wheaty as you would expect.

Overall it's definitely not the best example of this style, and way better beers can be had. Low abv, easy to drink. I could see why many people don't like this one, but to me it's "good", not great. I'd buy it again.

3.5/5  rDev +6.4%

This wasn't my favorite, it wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad.

Bottle poured into weizen; three finger off white head.

Straw golden, hazy colored, yeast turbid....just how I like it.

Smells: like a Belgian white should.

Tastes: Honey, ick!! Coriander, oats, and a hit of citrus

Mouthfeel: a little watery for my liking.

This was an ok beer, I don't think I'd have it again.

2.75/5  rDev -16.4%

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%

4.25/5  rDev +29.2%

3.42/5  rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Pours a cloud yellow straw with a half finger of head that dissipates quickly to a ring with spots of lacing. Slightly sweet malt aroma. Bland taste, faint bit of banana.

3.25/5  rDev -1.2%