Tripple Madness | Madcap Brewery

Added by Zimbo on 11-14-2010

View: Beers
Reviews by Zimbo:
4.15/5  rDev 0%

I bought this a few weekends ago at the Madcap Brewery stall at the Good Food Show in Glasgow. A very pleasant surprise they were there. Picked up virtually their entire range of beers and had a warm conversation with them. Certainly gave me the impression of being a very small (single barrel) quality conscious family brewery who (obviously inspired by the Belgium tradition) were keen to raise the bar in Scotland for bottled beer. My type of brewery and I know some might see this as an unnecesary detail but the fact is context is indespensible in appreciating beer. This bottle is no different.

Taking off the cap an intensely sweet nose immediately hit me. When I poured (into a Westmalle goblet) I heard what almost sounded like a mini raging river. It gave the cleanest of white heads but not really thick or rocky. Pure, not tight, and capable of going the distance. Below it the liquid gave a rich golden yellow hue. Ever so slighty carbonic on the tongue the feel is really involving and the body is slightly leanish there is also a smoothness giving it a faintly sticky sappy element. Heady to the end and refreshing. Nose suggests honey, some apple and herbs.

Really enjoyed the lightness of touch and length with its prolonged gentle aftertaste. They've really nailed the style here. It really could be from Belgium. Sure seems to be brewed with some love and attention. Impressive.

3.86/5  rDev 0%

I got this bottle from my Scottish beerbuddy Craig (Zimbo). Thanks a lot my friend!

I am a triple fan and the Belgian triples are the best in the world. Let's try the Scottish version now.

Poured in my Struise glass the beer looks absolutely great. A big white head almost explodes out of the bottle. This is a lively one. The head disappears after a while leaving a nice small lacing. Super carbonation, i like that.

Smell is average for a triple, Dry and some bread in it.

Good and very pleasant taste with dito mouthfeel and drinkability.

Tripple Madness from Madcap Brewery