Rampant Lion | Little Mountain Brewing Company

Little Mountain Brewing Company
Ohio, United States
littlemountainbrewing.com

Style: Scottish Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by WoodBrew on 01-22-2012

Reviews by WoodBrew:
4.03/5  rDev -1.2%

The Rampant Lion was my favorite of the six that were available to try. The beer poured a nice dark clear amber with good off-white head that laced nicely. The smell included a nice sweet malt with subtle hint of alcohol. The taste was more of the same as the smell good malt with tinge of alcohol. The mouthfeel was a nice medium body with good carbontation. Overall....its the pick of this litter! Nice job!

3.79/5  rDev -7.1%

This brew pub is but 2.3 miles from my house yet yesterday was the first time I stopped in. I will do a separate place review, but in general it's nice and the food is great bar food.

Rampant Lion was the first one I tried at Little Mountain. The style isn't necessarily a good choice for a first beer of the evening, but I was in the mood for a nasty Scottish. In general, it was disappointing. It was more of a cub than a rampant lion.

The ale was served fairly warm, which I prefer, and it certainly was warm enough to show the true taste. The brew was brown and mostly flat, with no head. It had a boozy fruit aroma that became skunky after a while.

The taste was malty but well balanced. It did not have that dark bitter taste I expect from the style yet I warmed up to it as I finished my pint. Based on this sample, I will avoid this in the future.

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%