Evil Twin Disco (Yellow Cap) | Evil Twin Brewing

Added by John_M on 08-17-2012

2.5/5  rDev -36.9%

3.95/5  rDev -0.3%

On tap at Max's today.

The beer pours a copper amber color with good head retention and considerable lacing. On the nose, there's considerable tropical fruit, but with some underlying dry citrus as well. The DIPA smells as if it will be a bit sweet, but attractive otherwise. The flavor is interesting, but not very American DIPA like (not that it needs to be I guess). There's some chocolate, tropical fruit, a hint of coffee, and then a nice rush of hoppy bitterness. It dries the beer out nicely on the finish, which is a good thing in my book. Not bad, but just not my cup of tea. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, with a fairly long, malty and hoppy finish. There's a hint of heat from alcohol on the finish, which is to be expected I guess.

Not bad, but just not what I want in a DIPA.

Evil Twin Disco (Yellow Cap) from Evil Twin Brewing