Vector | Black Star Co-op Pub & Brewery

Style: American Black Ale

Added by elNopalero on 09-07-2011

Reviews by elNopalero:
3.55/5  rDev -7.1%

From draught poured into a snifter. Nice compact head, in part because of snifter. Pours a dark ruby-black. Some light passes through. I pick up some sweet maltiness and light aromas. Slightly tart mouthfeel. Waiter, there’s a hair in my beer. That’s a first, definitely an unwelcome adjunct. Thin body. Roasty notes. Wasn’t sure what to expect, a curiosity pick. I’m liking it more as it warms. There’s a tiny alcohol kick, or some sort of kick. Feeling like it’s a porter, although I’m clueless based on the little information I have at the time. Honestly, I was more excited about their beers during my first two visits. Might just be I didn’t choose wisely tonight.

On tap at the brewery during the RateBeer Winter Gathering.

The beer pours a very dark brown to black color with an off-white head. The aroma has a lot of chocolate and roasted malt notes, as well as a strong scent of pine from the hops. The flavor has a lot of bitter pine, as well as some chocolate, roasted malt and cream notes. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

3.25/5  rDev -14.9%