Cucumber Kolsch | Flat 12 Bierwerks

4.5/5  rDev +36.4%

2.75/5  rDev -16.7%

3.76/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

A : Golden straw colour with a slight haze, poured with a thin bright white head, slight lacing

S: Strong malt odor with a significant dose of fruity cucumber

T: Light bitterness with a slight hoppy note, traces of cucumber on the finish

M: Thin and light, light carbonation, bubbles mostly gone by end of the pint

O: A good beer for the more adventurous beer drinker. Heavier cucumber on the nose than on the palate, but enough to earn its name. I would drink it again, but at $12, probably wouldn't buy another six pack. Worth a try if you like unique beers.

2.5/5  rDev -24.2%

3.5/5  rDev +6.1%

look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Gifted from a friend who stops at Trader Joe's in Indy for me every time he goes. 12oz bottle with simple label makes you wonder what is coming. Cucumber? I don't know 'bout this, man. Nice looking - like a Kolsch, but with a little bit of haze and topped with an inch of white foam. Lacing is very nice - I can see most of my sips. This thing smells strange - honeydew melon and cut grass. Flavor is where this thing gets rolling - sweet melon and cucumber cut with dry crisp hops and rising white bread dough. Nice! Crisp dry finish like a Kolsch should have. Next time I need 12 of these. Going by the reviews you either love it or hate it. I'm a lover.

1.44/5  rDev -56.4%

Wow, another reviewer nailed it by the phrase drain pour. I just couldn't make it through even 6oz of this. I really enjoy the kolsch style and I enjoy other flat 12 offerings. I really wanted too since I spent 11 bucks on a six pack but after two attempts I had to throw in the towel. I'd rather have a six pack of miller 64. Stick with any other offerings by flat 12 but stay away from this. If anyone wants to try it I have 4 more bottles left.

3.75/5  rDev +13.6%