I'm Still Lonely Belgian Single | Haymarket Pub & Brewery

Added by MasterSki on 05-06-2011

3.5

Reviews by Northsider:
3.7/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at Haymarket Chicago.

I didn't care this this as much as the White Chapel. This beer was noticeably more bitter. Poured clear-ish golden with generous white head. Smelled malty and yeasty. Taste was decent enough, though I've mentioned the bitter finish. My wife got this one for the lower abv, which makes it a good sessionable beer. Slightly watery.

Overall and ok beer, I definitely liked the White Chapel better...and though it had slightly higher abv it seemed more drinkable.

3.6/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

This is a nice beer; pale and mild, it pours a flaxen hue and has a persistent cap of white foam. It has just basic clean notes of grain, small amounts of spicy and fruit impartation, and a smidgen of lemongrassy herbal hoppiness. Its got a refreshing, lighter feel. Overall, mild, pale and with a nice Belgian touch. I enjoy.

3.21/5  rDev -8.3%

A slightly different beer than the I'm SO Lonely Begian Single - Pete Crowley confirms this is a different yeast blend. Served in a 4oz taster glass at Haymarket.

A - A finger of white foam that settles to a thin ring, leaving behind splotchy lace and a few wisps. Lightly hazed straw body.

S - Belgian yeast, light lemons. Hint of malt sweetness.

T - Pretty bland - perhaps a bit of pale and plisner malt. Clean, watery, and mildly refreshing.

M - Goes down easy. Light, watery body, with some zesty carbonation.

D - Would be a good option if you were at a long business dinner and wanted to maintain your wits about you. Didn't seem markedly different than their other Singles, but perhaps that's because I didn't have them side-by-side (they haven't been on-tap at the same time).

I'm Still Lonely Belgian Single from Haymarket Pub & Brewery